so i rode WITH my friend today, and

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattness

Reaction score
so i rode with my friend today, and we both filled up at a gas station and reset our tripmeters.

we both rode an equal distance side by side and parked side by side.

my tripmeter read 48.4

his? 55.1

he has a honda shadow. am i off? is he off? are we both off?

or even the mile markers on the highway.

side by side yes...but you always had the inside corner!:rofl_200:

dont laugh but we were practicing our lane sharing skills...

Lane sharing skills sounds like a joke but it's actually a fact. I got stuck in a muck of traffic once a while back and added not only 45 minutes to my trip but a full 5 miles! That's 5 miles of weeving and swerving that was not part of my route, crazy right?

Lane sharing skills sounds like a joke but it's actually a fact. I got stuck in a muck of traffic once a while back and added not only 45 minutes to my trip but a full 5 miles! That's 5 miles of weeving and swerving that was not part of my route, crazy right?

C'mon now admit it that you were dodging bullets while headed into South Central.........

ima have to go by the signs on the highway. everyone says their bikes are over 10%, i think mine is under..

What's the difference in lane sharing ang lane splitting? Here in Cali they are both used to describe riding between cars that are side by side in the lanes.Can't say I knew if there was a difference in the two unless you're talking about riding side by side with eachother as sharing?

cali has special rules. here in indiana each vehicle is entitled to its own lane. however motorcycles with the other riders consent, can share a lane. we also can be helmet free for the next couple years at least i hope

What's the difference in lane sharing ang lane splitting? Here in Cali they are both used to describe riding between cars that are side by side in the lanes.Can't say I knew if there was a difference in the two unless you're talking about riding side by side with eachother as sharing?

i could be wrong but i'd consider what you are describing as lane splitting, and yea lane sharring two bikes side by side in the same lane.

I noticed a similar disparity with a friend last summer. After a considerable amount of deliberation I pinned it down to the fact that I was doing a great deal of rear tire spinning. ALOT more than his Harley.
It is worth noting that I was NOT jumping the MAX that trip, so I pretty much eliminated the hang time as an error. FWIW:hmmm:

Lane splitting is weaving between cars in traffic. Legal in some states.

Lane sharing is riding two abreast in a single lane. Also legal in some states, but I don't think it's a particularly good idea and always ride in the "staggered" formation. Side by side, if a car suddenly cuts into your lane neither of you have anywhere to go. Two bikes staggered take up more space than abreast also and increase your visibility.

Honda's seem to drastically over-read. My '85 Magna would indicate 80mph for 73 actual(handheld eTrex GPS)....quite a bit of error, that's with the stock tire size. My friend's 01 Shadow was pretty much the same way, at highway speed it over-read by almost 5mph. My Vmax is pretty close. 75 indicated is 73 actual.

What kind of bikes did the "chips" ride? Never really get a good look at them. The triple headlight thing looks Harley, but I'm not really sure. And there's a WetBike seen for a second in that clip! Haven't seen one of those not in absolutely dilapidated condition. There's not many left now, and even fewer in running condition.

The Vmax reads off the front tire unlike sportbikes who read off the front sprocket speed, so excessive burnouts should not affect your mileage. Unless the front wheel was in the air for an extended amount of time with one-wheel antics....have you been wheely-ing in public streets again?:whistlin:

Back