So, it is my B-Day on Thursday...and I am getting myself this...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MBreinin

Reaction score
.....toy.

I wonder how much fun this thing is going to be?

I sold my RZ this weekend because it was too uncomfortable. It will probably feel like a Gold Wing in comparison to this torture device. I guess I won't have any problems pulling wheelies on this thing. :biglaugh: Yeah, I will be doing alot of leaning forward to keep this on the ground.

Mike

Supermoto002.jpg

MYMV037.jpg

Holy shit I'm jealous!!!:surprise:

I've been going by the stealer and drooling on Suzuki's DRZ400SM for a while now and have been really thinking about a supermoto of some sort....not in the cards for now tho'....

That Husky's a Sweet bike.....A REAL hooligan bike....

Cool!

As for selling one for comfort reasons and buying this...:ummm:

The seats on these things aren't known for their comfort but...:confused2:

You'll love it I'm sure!:banana:

Actually, it wasn't the seat that was bad on the RZ, it was the seating position. It was my back and neck that took the brunt of the abuse. Plus, having my wrists locked would cause my hands to fall asleep. At least on this I will be upright, although the "seat" I am sure will be a nightmare.

I am so impulsive. I saw a cool video on Youtube with Nicky Hayden and his friends riding Supermotos and decided that looked like fun. Of course, those guys can ride, and I can putt. Two weeks later, I get one.

This should be a nice counterpoint to the Max..and probably get an equal amount of attention and slack jawed looks....of course, the RZ was the master of producing the confused look in others. :rofl_200:

Mike

.....toy.

I sold my RZ this weekend because it was too uncomfortable. It will probably feel like a Gold Wing in comparison to this torture device. I guess I won't have any problems pulling wheelies on this thing. :biglaugh: Yeah, I will be doing alot of leaning forward to keep this on the ground.

Mike

Looks like it will be a blast! :banana: Your going to need to go to the doc and get a grinectomy afterwards.:biglaugh:

Well, I actually wanted a DRZ since they aren't as focused as the Husky. I am not looking forward to oil change intervals that are dictated by HOURS and not miles. However, I couldn't find a decent used DRZ locally, and the Husky is local. So, I figured it would be worth the extra effort for a bike that weighs 230 pounds and has 50 RWHP.

The Aprilias are awesome, but have alot of reliability issues.

This is an '06, so it is pre-BMW buyout. This "Swede" was built right beside MV Agustas as Husky was fomerly owned by the Cagiva group.

I look forward to it and I will, of course, give my impressions.

Mike

From what I've read the DRZ doesn't hold a candle to the Husky. Should be a lot of fun.

True, I'm hearing the Husky and KTM are the king of the hill.

This is true, I own a DRZ400 (as a dual sport off road bike, not as a super motard) however the KTM and Husky are designed as race bikes while the DRZ was designed as an "all around" bike. So while I'm out riding, my friends with their Huskys and KTMs are in the garage wrenching on theirs!, either doing maintenance or repairs! Maintenance schedules are brutal on the Husky and KTM, but not so with the Suzuki.

.....toy.

Mike

Supermoto002.jpg

MYMV037.jpg
What are the other 2 bikes in the pic?

This is true, I own a DRZ400 (as a dual sport off road bike, not as a super motard) however the KTM and Husky are designed as race bikes while the DRZ was designed as an "all around" bike. So while I'm out riding, my friends with their Huskys and KTMs are in the garage wrenching on theirs!, either doing maintenance or repairs! Maintenance schedules are brutal on the Husky and KTM, but not so with the Suzuki.

Plus, I've found the DRZ's on Craiglist in great condition 04's and close, for around $4000

I have no idea what those other bikes cost, was afraid to ask.

I was watching some motard races.It looked like a blast the way they were sliding the rear tire around the turns.I used to be able to do that on my max till I went with radial tires.

I was watching some motard races.It looked like a blast the way they were sliding the rear tire around the turns.I used to be able to do that on my max till I went with radial tires.

The new Husky's seem to be $7000-8000 no matter which one you pick.

Plus, I've found the DRZ's on Craiglist in great condition 04's and close, for around $4000

I have no idea what those other bikes cost, was afraid to ask.

Mine is an '06 with 750 miles. I paid $4500 for it.

I like the DRZs very much as well. I could not find one locally. By the time I bought one for, let's say $3500-$4000, and then shipped it down...I could have had the Husky. So, in the end I went with the race bike with lights...despite the maintenance factor. However, keep in mind that these are toys for me...not my main mode of transport. I doubt the bike will get 100 miles a week, ir more than two hours of use.

The other bikes in that picture are a MV Agusta Brutale and a Kawasaki ZX14 Concours, the former owner's bikes.

Mike

Mine is an '06 with 750 miles. I paid $4500 for it.

I like the DRZs very much as well. I could not find one locally. By the time I bought one for, let's say $3500-$4000, and then shipped it down...I could have had the Husky. So, in the end I went with the race bike with lights...despite the maintenance factor. However, keep in mind that these are toys for me...not my main mode of transport. I doubt the bike will get 100 miles a week, ir more than two hours of use.

The other bikes in that picture are a MV Agusta Brutale and a Kawasaki ZX14 Concours, the former owner's bikes.

Mike

Damn, I would have guessed it be more than that.....Good deal.

Enjoy the wheelies:rocket bike:

Well, it arrived today. What a cool toy! I had to run back to work, so no chance to ride it yet. :bang head:

I hope to get home quick enough for a spin before it gets dark. The "headlight" is more like a flashlight.

It is so light and narrow....seat is going to hurt though. :biglaugh:

Mike

Well, it arrived today. What a cool toy! I had to run back to work, so no chance to ride it yet. :bang head:

I hope to get home quick enough for a spin before it gets dark. The "headlight" is more like a flashlight.

It is so light and narrow....seat is going to hurt though. :biglaugh:

Mike
Yah,I feel bad for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back