So what have I learned? WITH PICS!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d be interested in hearing what they do the job for. I suspect they won’t be able to do it for what these Phoenix guys at Affordable do. They also come highly recommended by the sand dune crowd out here. Some high dollar machines running over in the dunes.

JetHot made a name for themselves because they were one of the first in the business. They no longer have a corner on the market, but they sure do have name recognition. There are outfits all over that can do this. However, I suspect that the capital expense hit for equipment prevents most mom and pop operations from entering the business. That chrome like finish is exactly what I had done on mine above. I am thrilled with it.
JetHot is currently working up a quote for their Classic Polish and another for a titanium color top coat (inside and out). They said the polish is less expensive and provides the least emissivity but it's pretty shiny. The top coat has more of a satin finish.

JetHot is currently working up a quote for their Classic Polish and another for a titanium color top coat (inside and out). They said the polish is less expensive and provides the least emissivity but it's pretty shiny. The top coat has more of a satin finish.
I had the 'Classic Polish' on the headers I had done and even had it done on a header for a nitro RC car as a goof...I didn't think it was ridiculously shiny and with your being so close to them I imagine you could go see what they look link in person before making a decision.

Good lookin pipes guys. I almost went cermaic coated but think it was pricey at the time and i wanted something that would just last so I got stainless. I just scotch brite pad the whole system 1 or 2×'s a year. Usually during the winter when i have it torn down and its easier to get to. Looks good as new year after year....almos.

However the stock pipes running from the engine to the Voodoos experience the same conditions and they're still in excellent shape

I understand the stock pipes are double walled - a pipe inside a pipe so there is some insulating air between them but more likely it's becasue not all exhasuts are created the same, some use lower quality metal or finish to others.

Classic Polish = $620
Titanium Top Coat = $930
Then there's the $600 for a flash and K&N filter.
VS.
The stock ECU, cat, and cans I already have on hand.
I'm wrestling with this one.
I'd certainly love to roll into cruise-ins with these Voodoos announcing my arrival. But then again, they could become annoying on my long scenic rides.

That's pretty spendy but I imagine it'll last about for the life of the bike. Like I said, before you drop the extra cash on the titanium top coat I would look at the different finishes.

Although I can't say first hand as I never rode the bike stock, the filter, MAB and reflash sounds like it's almost a requirement.

Holy Smokes that is indeed spendy. Like I said, I had mine done for $175. The name wasn't "JetHot", but I'd wager that the process and/or quality is not that different.

Did I say, "Holy Smokes!" ??

I'd shop around.

I would use the stock cans with marks exhaust. I bought it in 2016 and no rust. Performs well if it is still available

Thanks for reminding to update.
I used the factory, cat, cans, and heat shields. Only had to order a couple of exhaust gaskets for the rear down pipes. Fortunately, partzilla had them in stock.
Also purchased the stock-pipe ECU flash and K&N filter from the Guru.
Extremely pleased with the performance and my neighbors are happy with the sound.20210307_163212.jpg20210307_133603.jpg

Latest posts

Back