So you think you had a busy day.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
I wanted to tell you my "cannon Ball run" story. Yesterday, I got up at 3 am. Left for the Buffalo Airport at 4 am. Got on a plane at 5:20. Flew to JFK, switched planes, and flew to Raliegh/Durham airport, North Carolina, about 9:45 am. Got an Airport shuttle to Franklinton NC. Picked up 2004 International stake truck for my company. Started driving back to Buffalo NY at 11:30. Supposed to be 11 hrs, 700 to 750 miles. went through the mountains Virginia, west Virginia. Got into NY around 10 pm. About 15 miles into New York, an hour from home, I blew a radiator hose. 2 hours later, I had a roadside repair truck, and I was all fixed up. An hour drive left. Got back to the shop at 1:15 am. Home at 2 am. A nice 23 hour day. I didn't get up to early today.

I'm good for a day or two like that. I could have stopped if I got too tired. Except for the hose blowing, everything went well. Light traffic, and the weather was great. no rain or snow the whole trip. I was thinking as I drove up, how many of of the forum guys places I went by. Next week I'm picking up another truck from Monroe Lousiana. That will be a 2 day trip.

I'm good for a day or two like that. I could have stopped if I got too tired. Except for the hose blowing, everything went well. Light traffic, and the weather was great. no rain or snow the whole trip. I was thinking as I drove up, how many of of the forum guys places I went by. Next week I'm picking up another truck from Monroe Lousiana. That will be a 2 day trip.

When, I pass thru there every 2 weeks? Well Shreveport...

Not exactly sure of the time, but next Friday, the 24th, in the morning. work set it up, so I don't have the info in hand.

No, I wont be going thru there until the 1st.......but this coming summer, I do wanna go visit Danny again. Helluva guy.

I used to work those hours Tim, 15 yrs worth.....right up till the quintuple by-pass surgery. Just sayin'.........

I hear you loud and clear Danny. Spent the last 16 yrs at a job, that I could never make a plan or know what time I'd be home for dinner. Years worth of 12 hr nights on the Thruways. Last construction season finally broke me. For half the year, I had 2 hours of driving to get to and from work, with 12 hour days. Then from august till the end of the year, I worked nights, averaged 14 hrs days. Great money, but I've Never been so stressed.. I wrote them a resignation letter in January. Told them I couldn't do it anymore. Getting these trucks is an ice breaker for them to open up talks with me. They don't want me to quit.

I hear you loud and clear Danny. Spent the last 16 yrs at a job, that I could never make a plan or know what time I'd be home for dinner. Years worth of 12 hr nights on the Thruways. Last construction season finally broke me. For half the year, I had 2 hours of driving to get to and from work, with 12 hour days. Then from august till the end of the year, I worked nights, averaged 14 hrs days. Great money, but I've Never been so stressed.. I wrote them a resignation letter in January. Told them I couldn't do it anymore. Getting these trucks is an ice breaker for them to open up talks with me. They don't want me to quit.

You got it figured out Tim, they'll make you a good offer! Smart! :clapping:

Back