sold my max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefighter

Reaction score
Well after two years being without my sv1000s just had to sell the vmax. I liked the straight line power but missed everything my SV did well. I posted a craigslist ad and she sold within 45 minutes! But you could not find a cleaner max around here. Hopped a flight to Georgia, paid for my new 2005 SV100s and drove 710 miles straight home. The only stops were for gas. Wish I couls have kept both but I love dragging knees on corners. Shattered a magnet on my magneto on the way home. Now she is laid up in the garage waiting for her replacement mag to arrive. Hopefully my stator is ok, a little scuffed up on the contacts. Thanks to everyone that either helped me with the max, sold or bought parts. Here is the new ride and the damage. Lovely to find little pieces of magnet stuck to the drain plug!

Attachments

• 2012-06-23_20-51-19_560.jpg
    2012-06-23_20-51-19_560.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 2012-06-27_10-04-57_706.jpg
    2012-06-27_10-04-57_706.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 67
At least it's bits of magnet and not bits of crank journal.

Glad you managed to sell a bike, myself and a few people I know have been trying to sell bikes this year with very little success. Either have to just sit on it, or take a bath on the price. Bike values, at least around here, seem to have tanked. I guess gas prices are going down (relatively, can be had for about $3.35/gal, compared to $4+ last year).

Sucks that it broke! Glad to hear the max went quickly. Are you in Ohio? We go atv riding all the time down in Nelsonville OH......

Latest posts

Back