Solid motor mounts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkeye

Reaction score
I've found aluminum or delrin mounts. Any thoughts? Seems like the aluminum would transfer vibrations better but I'm not sure if there are any other factors I'm missing. If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it!

:confused2: Hey, I think they are both about the same at transfering vibrations. I installed delrin and noticed no real difference in vibrations or the dreaded frame flex, if there is such a thing. I think the next time I pull the motor I'll put the original mounts back in and sell these to get my money back. Good luck, Spur

I have the delrin and have noticed more rigidity which translates to steering response that is more precise in corners. It also will amplify any other issues you may have at either wheel with suspension or swingarm. I have a fork brace, progressive springs, ricor intiminators to help improve the front end performance and have added Progressive HD 440's for rear shocks.
I have not tried, with the MM installed, riding through a bumpy high speed corner that would make the stock bike a wallowing beast. The fork and shock mods help to improve the wallowing and I'm sure the solid MM will help even more. Bracing my swingarm will be one of my next improvements during the upcoming winter mod season.

I have the delrin and have noticed more rigidity which translates to steering response that is more precise in corners. It also will amplify any other issues you may have at either wheel with suspension or swingarm. I have a fork brace, progressive springs, ricor intiminators to help improve the front end performance and have added Progressive HD 440's for rear shocks.
I have not tried, with the MM installed, riding through a bumpy high speed corner that would make the stock bike a wallowing beast. The fork and shock mods help to improve the wallowing and I'm sure the solid MM will help even more. Bracing my swingarm will be one of my next improvements during the upcoming winter mod season.
I also installed the delrin, don't notice any more vibration than i had before, but i do notice the better high speed handiling in those really nice curves as you get on the throttle, can't say anything about the alluminum, i just thought that they would cause more vibration.

I also installed the delrin, don't notice any more vibration than i had before, but i do notice the better high speed handiling in those really nice curves as you get on the throttle, can't say anything about the alluminum, i just thought that they would cause more vibration.
I agree with the vibes not being what I expected. I went through a series of about 7 turns in 3rd gear last night, anywhere from 5 to 8 k and I felt some vibes, not that bad but noticeable. During normal riding I don't notice them for whatever reason, I will give it a extensive test starting on Wednesday!:punk:

I installed the aluminum ones, and i have alot of vibs especially over 5,000 rpms. i also installed frame braces and a braced swingarm. sort of wish i kept the rubber mounts in, but oh well it's done now. I must say though it is solid as a rock with no flexing what so ever.

Makes sense. The bike is fast enough for me and runs great so what I'm working on now is to tune the handling up. Thanks guys!

Are the vibrations so bad ? I was planning the solid motor mount but your feedbacks seems to improve handling but not the vibrations seem to be bad.

I installed the aluminum ones also i don't think the vibration is bad at all glad i installed them handles better i also have a superbrace progressive fork springs progressive 440 rear shocks. in my opinion if your going with solid mounts go with aluminum over delrin.

I'm going for the same setup, except I'm the ricor intiminators to the progressive springs on front. I'm almost stock right now, parts are in the box or on their way ;)
I got the aluminium ones from exactrep.

All I sell (for the moment) is the aluminum and prefer those over the delrin. ANY deflection that the delrin have is not giving you as stable as you could have. The aluminum don't deflect or absorb the engine vibes but in my opinion they aren't that bad to begin with.

Sean

Yea, not sure how to post everything we sell?? We have a lot of stuff that isn't listed and would make the website huge if we did.

Sean

I also installed the delrin ones and I don't feel the vibes are that bad. Definitely more than before over 5000rpm, but still manageable. I'm still going to install the Ricor Vibranators, since I bought them already.

I haven't found those real fast bumpy bends yet, but all the high speed-ish turns I've taken felt a lot safer than before. I think they do help with frame flex.

I know this is an old thread . but hey why start a new one right.

Installed the aluminum mounts.I do feel a few more vibes. But the entire bike feels tight.
No more wondering when traveling at a constant speed.I would do this mod again.
Them stock mounts i took off my 85. where way soft, i don't know why.
they are only 25 yrs old. And have been feeling the torque of a stage 7 .since 92.

I hadn't ridden a Vmax before I bought my 06. Had read about the frame flex & handling problems, so I was surprised at how tight the bike felt. Somehow made it past the break-in without getting into the boost. Got it lined up on a strech of road, nailed it, and thought the effin frame broke! Scared the crap outta me! After that I'd roll it in 1st &hammer it in2nd. Had a machinist at work make alum mounts &put them in that winter. Night&day difference, thought I had a new bike! Some vibration around 5 grand but the trade-off is well worth it.

Back