Some of you Financial Guys, Comment Please

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good timing Dave, Here's something else that follows along the same lines. I just saw it yesterday. The guy doesn't throw his hands up and proclaim the end of the world, but he explains in very understandable terms, Why the dollar is in so much trouble, and how the rest of the financial world is responding to it. If your interested at all, It's well worth giving the video a few minutes of your time. Around the 26 minute mark, he explains the term "normalcy Bias". "It can't happen here" thought process. Then he goes on to show you examples of this, and how devistating it was for the people. I'd also love to hear about this from a financial professional point of view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z5py1098RA

I am certainly not a financial professional by any means but merely my personally opinion. There is always a financial crisis looming around the corner and the market will have erratic behavior that defies my logic frequently. I gave up on trying to track everything and playing the market. I have had some sizable wins and sizable failures in the past when it comes to investing and I guess fortunately in the end I netted slightly positive. Two years ago I turned over all control of my portfolio and it has been running successfully 100% managed by people who know a whole hell of a lot more than I do. While having it managed it has been a positive experience with roughly a 17% gain followed by a 13% gain (excluding contributions). The management team took out I think 2% off of those gains for their compensation. Day to day it goes up and down but not having to worry about it and letting the whole thing go on autopilot has been a blessing. Pick a reputable vendor and they will match up a managed portfolio fit for your current life status (age to retirement, risk adversity, etc). I use USAA and like every other product from them that I have it continues to be a great experience.

My wife tutors in economics at two schools nearby. She has a masters in economics. She is by no means an alarmist or a conspiracy nut. Prior to the housing collapse she sold all our Florida property,refinanced our personal home and moved our investments. When she would bring me papers to sign she would say I won't pretend to explain it you don't pretend to understand. When I asked her this morning about this she responded with a puzzled look and said "your pretending again aren't you?" (This is what she says when I'm trying to sound like a grown up)And kind of laughed and said why do you think we're paying off the house ? She has refused to let me finance any new equipment or buildings. She cut our winter vacation in half this year. Will it collapse. Who knows, but when she starts pulling back even I get a little Leary.

I'm doing more vacation's because we might not be able to do any soon. I also pay double payment or more on the new house that i down sized into. I dont know if or when shit will hit the fan but if it happen's as bad as some people say it wont matter what you do about your money and savings because it wont be worth jack shit. Your house wont be worth anything and if you cant pay the tax's on it you will have to kiss it good by. so no money no house no car and no way to change that. So what will you do now. I drive truck for a living and i can see how hard it is to pay the cost of trucking now and if it go's up it will be passed on to all of us. I look at it this way i don't see cost of living going down anytime soon and i don't think it will hold out and stay the same so the only thing it can do is go up. My company had to fix a truck not to long ago because the regen system failed and it cost over $13000 to fix and it's a joke to even have to have this system. I think the truck new cost $20000 more or more to pay for the system. Just this crap regen system that the government has mad mandatory has and will make the cost of living go up. This is just one little example of how something can affect the cost of living. I have the best plan i can think of to get through a down turn of the us dollar and i don't think it will be enough and for the most part i am alone with my planning because most people don't think it will happen and if it happen's they will worry about it than. This means most will have nothing and the only way to get it will be to take it. Let's hope it don't come to this but i'm thinking it's only a matter of time.

It would suck, but I will be fine. I have guns, I hunt, fish. My cousin, who I plan on moving on his property, Has a home that heats on wood, and has hundreds of acres of woods around him, lots of game. The real disaster will be the cities. The people on Gov assistance, If it hits the fan, looting and stealing will be the norm. Writing this reminded me of this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cQNkIrg-Tk

There is always a financial crisis looming around the corner and the market will have erratic behavior that defies my logic frequently.

Very true.

Also true is that there are doomsayers out there that only want to scare people. Some of them have ties to gold sales. Talk about a big crash to get people to run out and buy gold. I've seen these videos and posts RIGHT HERE about the impending crash for at least 5 years.

Meanwhile the stock market has gone up more than 100% since the last financial crisis. Anybody that listened to these people missed out on one of the biggest opportunities in their lifetimes to help secure their financial future. Gold has not been as good an investment in comparison.

That being said there is always a possibility of a big market correction. If you have short term goals you should have your money in a safe haven. If you have some time until you are planning to stop working than the market is the place to be....IMO.

The US economy is doing very good especially when compared to other countries.....in fact there is no comparison.

Many of the dips we've seen in the market recently are often related to what happens in other countries like China and Japan. Also. the price of oil and natural gas has also been creating havoc because energy stocks have taken a beating.

The US dollar is very strong which is a negative in a global economy. Other countries cannot afford our products so US companies that sell equipment worldwide are hurting.

An investment management company is the way to go if you are not comfortable trading on your own. You can save most of the 2% in fees (which can add up especially when the market is not going up) by using a company like Vangaurd which has very low fees because they provide stocks at cost. They are a great company.

No company can "protect" you from a crash though.....they usually happen so fast that it's hard to get your money out without a lot of damage. If you own individual stocks you can set "stop limits" on the price of your stock that will automatically sell at a price that you set. That can help when things go south quickly.

Latest posts

Back