Some pictures of my baby!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shicks16

Reaction score
Figured i would post some pics of my ride from when i got her till now. got a bunch more plans for it, just waiting on parts and funds.

This is when i first got her
IMG00049-20100604-1018.jpg

This is what it looks like now, minus the muscle seat i just put on and a bunch of other parts i got coming from Sean and Tom from Cycle one off
photo 1 copy 2.jpg

Picture of the buss brakes and red lines
photo 2 copy 2.jpg

Picture of the paint shortly after i did it, it looked good for about a week then started chipping away, not bad for a rattle can job though, not to mention my first time painting anything.
photo 1.jpg

Picture of the paint shortly after i did it, it looked good for about a week then started chipping away, not bad for a rattle can job though, not to mention my first time painting anything.
View attachment 23234

A bit of lacquer over the rattle can paint is usually enough to prevent chipping for a few months, nothing beats a proper paintjob though

Wow. Didn't even notice that before. Doesn't surprise me that much. The bike was abused and not maintained very well by the previous owner

This winter i am planning on pulling the bike apart down to the frame and painting the engine black and powder coating the frame a nice candy red, next winter i plan on sending the motor to Sean and letting him have some fun with it, i am thinking a 1300 build but i will see what funds permit. any advice for tearing the bike apart, last winter i had the front end apart doing the steering bearings, the rear end apart replacing the gas tank, and the carbs out so Sean could rebuild them, i figure it shouldn't be to much more work to pull the motor and wire harness. i love the looks i get when people find out its an 85, i have even had people request to see the registration to prove it, i would never trade that for a newer bike. i figure the engine and frame is the only thing that looks old anymore so i might as well update it.

Nice ride.

Looks like the side panels were on the wrong side when you got it!!

Good catch, I didn't see that until I clicked on the thumbnail. It does look clean now.

The planned red frame will certainly stand-out. You should do all the other surfaces you want red @ the same time so they will all match, so-much better looking than having multiple shades of the same color.

I am going to try and match the frame to the red stripes on the faux tank. I think it will look pretty sharp. I do want to do the busa calipers as well but that might be a lot of work

Last edited:
Well here is an update to the bike so far, Sean pretty much started from the ground up, he has been updating his Facebook with pictures but figured I would post some of them here

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345945300.615018.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345945348.246032.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345945385.182866.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345945405.652386.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345945434.446802.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345945454.947616.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345945476.679739.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345945504.333309.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345945523.887774.jpg

Hopefully will be driving down to Montana in a couple weeks to pick it up, will post more pics then

Well the old bike is all loaded up and ready for its trip to Montana, looking forward to finally meeting Sean and seeing all of his handy work in person, not to mention looking forward to getting a chance to work with him during the transfer of all the stuff from the old bike to the new one!

cant wait to see it all together:biglaugh: ....Sean did a fabulous job on that baby:punk: been drooling all over it on facebook:rofl_200:

Spent the day with Sean putting the bike all together, came out amazing.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347169510.089403.jpg

Yeah when I get it home and polished up I will take some more pics, need to get it out in the sun to really see the frame pop.

Back