Somehow can't find on search, servo power wire?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MDoe8

Reaction score
I'm looking to make a simple switch where I can stop the servo in place. I want it so I can stop it during it's cycling to keep it wide open, then switch it back when I want it to perform normally. I searched and can't seem to find which wire is the power wire for the servo. I did find the 3 way switch method and I do not want to go that route. I'm wanting to just simply stop the servo whenever I choose. Do i just tap the yellow wire of the servo harness? It appears there are two powers, two grounds, and a remote perhaps? :confused2: Any and all input would be great, thanks!

i was thinking the same thing since my tboost is all sorts of messed up haha.

you can do this manually by unplugging the small connector that tboost splices into, so a switch there could probably done with one of the wires in there?

Attachments

• figure_2a[1].jpg
    figure_2a[1].jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 9
Yeah I noticed that last night as well. I actually read up that grounding the signal wire (grey wire on my year) will cause it not to open. However, I'm wanting to stop the motor, not block the rpm signal. Another one of those would have to stop the servo because when you unplug it, it stops.

Just find the power wire to the servo, cut it and add wires with a switch to it. That way you can turn it on or off at any point in its cycle.

EDIT - ah oops just re-read yer post. I guess the best way is to unplug each wire until you find which one stops it from running. Or unplug the connector and run wires from each connection so u can find which one it is..

Last edited:
only 3 wires. should be pretty easy. altho, if ones pos, ones neg, and the other is a (signal?) whatever. cutting either pos or neg would break the curcuit, eh?

Now that I think about it, it should be easy to test the 3 wire connector. It was the circular connector that was giving me issues. Nearly impossible to test one wire at a time.

i might be able to try tonight, but it sounds like u'll have results sooner than me.

ok. cutting any of those wires kills the power.

now i only did a dry test, with it just cycling as the switch going from run to off.

but i'm going to use the black wire, that seems to do the trick. so on will be normal, and off i can stop it wide open.

i tried cutting the gray wire and it still cycled through? (gray wire is actually yellow on newer models). I'll try the black one after work today, hopefully that cures it.

or you can just turn the key on and when it opens unplug the wire ! then it is always on but runs very rich!!!!!!!!!!!

mine actually leaned out at WOT when i had tboost fully opened it at 4k.

right, but its nice to not have to take the scoop off to put it back to stock. which i think i'm going to do tomorrow now that i have everything

when i went to go ride, it started cycling again! not sure how but i think one of the exposed wires was hitting the scoop and grounding out, completing the circuit.

I finished it tonight! Here's what I did.

Took the black wire of the three wire harness down there.
Cut that wire
Stripped each end
Put clips on them
Slid those clips into an appropriate switch that i purchased
Have that switch mounted in the harness box, pointing inside the engine bay.

the switch is secure and i just reach my hand around the scoop and the switch is right there! No pictures unfortunately but it's pretty self explanatory. I made sure and got a decent switch and used solder to help secure the clips. Works like a charm! Can turn the vboost servo off whenever I want, keeping it open all the time, closed all the time, or running normal. Not bad for a $4 mod! (the switch was 4 bucks).

i'm not going to cut that wire, but i am going to do the same thing, replacing my tboost. i have already removed the black wire from each sides of the white plug. that way i have connectors to work with. shrink wrap 'em and i'll be on my way.

Yeah, looking back, that probably would have been better. Oh well. It's soldered and isn't going anywhere so i can't complain.

easy enough to put back to stock, either way.

whats ur plan for keeping it open? stop the bike, cycle vboost and put it open?

i guess we could also cruise at anything over 8k and flip the switch, but that seems dangerous.

Yeah i'll do it at startup. I'm not worried about adjusting it on the fly. However, I did start it today with it open and then I closed it while running. Was funny to hear the idle just.....correct itself lol.

i run mine open, all the time lately....

putting it back to stock would be nice for if the weather turns, or to sych the carbs.

or startign it up. idle is pretty rough with it always open.

Latest posts

Back