Sometimes I wonder...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RagingMain

Reaction score
How I made it this far in life.

Last week my R/R took a crap on me during a ride.
Vmax626 needed the elbow piece I have for his oil gauge so I took it off to give it to him. Well I forgot I took it off...and I didnt put the other plug back in.

I wired up another R/R today and fired up the bike...
Well I must say the oil spill in the gulf has nothing on my garage right now.
Taking a breather before I shoot something or someone :bang head::bang head::bang head:
:gun shoot::flamethrower::th_biggun::404::assimilation:
The only reason I noticed it is because I could smell it.
I didnt run it out of oil, still have half in the sight glass.

This might have been ok but I never got the elbow to Dave. Wouldnt have worked anyways it was a different thread pitch but at least it would have made it where it was intended.

I am going to make up some of those tags they put on aircraft that say
"Remove before flight"
and put it on the key with what needs fixed before I fire it up and fly away.

Yea, it's a lot of fun to forget a plug when it comes to oil.

I can remember back a few years my Mom had a little V-star, and the oil was getting changed in the garage by myself and my Dad. When we filled up the crankcase, and for what ever reason, we forgot to reinstall the oil fill cover, and fired it up.

It only ran about 3 seconds before we shut it down, but drenched my Dad's Wing which was only a year old at the time, and managed to spray down the convertable Mustang sitting in the next bay...which had the top down.

You never saw two monkeys grabbing for rags so fast in your life! We can look back now and laugh about it, but there was no laughing that afternoon! :D

I was working as a VW mechanic way back in 1974. I did a brake job, tune-up and oil change on a beetle, and forgot to tighten the drain plug. It dropped out in the customers driveway. I'd already left for the day, and the service manager had to go to the customers house, put the plug back in tight, and refill the motor. Then he had to clean up the guy's driveway.

I heard about that one for quite a while.....:bang head:

Back