Somewhere, far far away

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfeagins

Reaction score
Somewhere, far, far away and in a different universe.......

JIm & Steve Thompson.jpg

I'm not sure what year this was, but somewhere between 1985 -1989 in Ft. Scott, KS. My friend Steve came back to town to visit his mother sporting his Amethyst 1985 Vmax. I don't even remember posing this pic in front of his mother's house that day, but apparently I did, and his wife, Cindy, was kind enough to post it up for me today on FB. Hard to believe I was ever that thin.

Very cool Jim....I think this thread should continue with more vintage Vmax photos! :punk: It's my favorite bike! LOL

Jim, Who's the skinny guy? he doesn't look familiar , anybody we know?

It's a little noisier, but I sharpened and brightened up the photo a little.

JIm%20&%20Steve%20Thompson mod.jpg

They had just invented the camera a couple days before this was taken! :rofl_200:

Holy balls....I still wear that helmet from time to time!:punk:

LOL.....I can't do anything with that photo.

You look very hip though....:eusa_dance:

Great Pictures !!!
Here's me on my 2000 from waaaaay back in 2001. :punk:

Attachments

• Dennis_2000_Vmax_Fall_2001.jpg
    Dennis_2000_Vmax_Fall_2001.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 45
I always kept the 'stash' Bill but decided to clean up my act for the CC permit...now, ain't that a lot better, almost respectable....yes?

Very nice........did I see that same photo when I was in the post office this afternoon? :ummm:

It's a little noisier, but I sharpened and brightened up the photo a little.
View attachment 39282

Thank you Mark. I saved the improved photo to my PC as well.

Jim, Who's the skinny guy? he doesn't look familiar , anybody we know?
You wouldn't know Steve (the skinny guy). First recollection I have of Steve, he was out cruzin' on his dad's Yamaha 750, and my 1st wife & I were just pulling back into town from a dinnner/movie ride (on MAX) to a different town south of my home town. He was ahead a bit and was intently watching his rearview mirrors as I overtook him. I knew the look. I watched him covertly downshift as I slowly overtook him on our main drag, just past the Sonic drivein. As he went into 1st on his 750cc, I also downshifted the Max (remember - I'm riding double), and could feel the wife clench tighter. She knew the signs as well. LOL. When Max came back down to earth, I was 4 or 5 lengths ahead of Steve. He followed me to the turn around at the other end of our main strip and proceeded to ask me what the heck just happened. I moved my leg aside so he could read the 'Vmax' imprint on the side covers and his mouth fell open. Apparently, he subscribed to CycleWorld mag and had already read the articles, but had never seen one in person. GREAT MEMORY that day. Steve & I have been friends ever since. A couple years later, probably around 1989-1990, Steve came back to town sporting his Amethyst 1985 Vmax and we simple had to get some pics taken.

Back