Son of a#@%$%$ mother ^$^&%$^

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaboom

Reaction score
SO........its 45 degrees here today.......sun is shining......I get home from work and race around gathering my riding gear......I grab the key to the Max......open the garage door preparing to fire up the bike for the first time.......what do I see....

A huge @#%@$ puddle of coolant under the bike.....

I crawl under to take a look....it's dripping off the right side front exhaust pipe.....the bottom of the engine is wet....

Now,the bike is on its sidestand so it is leaning to the left but the coolant is dripping off the right side.....

Needless to say....no ride for me.....I called the Stealer where I bought it......

They say call back Monday morning when the mechanic is in......

I am so pissed I can barely stand myself.......

So.....here I sit on a beautiful sunny day.......like a kid on Christmas and Santa forgot my name.......having a beer that the wife threw at me to keep me from going ballistic....

I quit smoking on the 2nd of february......I want a smoke right now.....

The Stealership is probably thankful (and lucky) that I live an hour and a half away.....

Thanks for letting me vent.....:bang head:

SO........its 45 degrees here today.......sun is shining......I get home from work and race around gathering my riding gear......I grab the key to the Max......open the garage door preparing to fire up the bike for the first time.......what do I see....

A huge @#%@$ puddle of coolant under the bike.....

I crawl under to take a look....it's dripping off the right side front exhaust pipe.....the bottom of the engine is wet....

Now,the bike is on its sidestand so it is leaning to the left but the coolant is dripping off the right side.....

Needless to say....no ride for me.....I called the Stealer where I bought it......

They say call back Monday morning when the mechanic is in......

I am so pissed I can barely stand myself.......

So.....here I sit on a beautiful sunny day.......like a kid on Christmas and Santa forgot my name.......having a beer that the wife threw at me to keep me from going ballistic....

I quit smoking on the 2nd of february......I want a smoke right now.....

The Stealership is probably thankful (and lucky) that I live an hour and a half away.....

Thanks for letting me vent.....:bang head:

so just bust your wife upside the head ahd tool out, just kidding my friend, do the 10 count, it's may buddy,you should be happy,i know i can't wait

so just bust your wife upside the head ahd tool out, just kidding my friend, do the 10 count, it's may buddy,you should be happy,i know i can't wait

What????:confused2:

I'd like to do a ten count on sombody's skull with a tire iron:damn angry:

If they can't get the cooling system right.....what ELSE is wrong with it.....

Man.....SOOOOOOO PISSED

Kaboom, are we talking "09" version? If so, I would feel the same way. A wise man once said, " I have no time for patience!":bang head:

What????:confused2:

I'd like to do a ten count on sombody's skull with a tire iron:damn angry:

If they can't get the cooling system right.....what ELSE is wrong with it.....

Man.....SOOOOOOO PISSED

remember when you were riding a bicycle around with a playing card in you spokes, and you dreamed of riding a motorcycle, and now you have the best, count your blessings my friend.

Kaboom, are we talking "09" version? If so, I would feel the same way. A wise man once said, " I have no time for patience!":bang head:

Not an 09......it is a 2000.....if it was an 09 there shop would probably be getting warm about now.....

Not new.....but new to me....I have yet to even start it since the day it arrived.....and the freezing rain that day prevented me from taking it for a spin then....

I am not rich by any stretch and $5000.00 is a HUGE amount of money to me.....and my anticipation was peaked to say the least....

We shall see what they say Monday morning:confused2:

remember when you were riding a bicycle around with a playing card in you spokes, and you dreamed of riding a motorcycle, and now you have the best, count your blessings my friend.

Blessings indeed.....Thanks for that:clapping:

Have you followed the leak to it's origin? take off the right scoop and take a peek at the cap area then go down from there. It just might be as simple as the dealers wrench didn't fully tighten the water drain bolt at the bottom of the engine.

If it does turn out to be a loose water pump drain bolt, chances are the dealer didn't turn the coolant drain cock back to the off position, so that would deserve a look as well.

They gave me a 30 day warranty.....I intend to use it and I am not touching that bike with so much as a towel.....

Be sure to post what they say, it would be interesting if it was thier screw up or a mechanical failure.

It could very well be somthing small and silly......I am simply not willing to give them any way of pointing the finger of blame at me......

I have a time and date stamped photo(posted on this forum) to show that there have been no miles put on the bike......another will be taken when they take posession of the bike....

Yeah.....I don't trust too many people.....and I do not trust ANY salesman, politician or lawyer that is not currently on my payroll, and even then it is ALWAYS questionable........

Terrible way to live I know......But I really hate being taken advantage of:confused2:

It could very well be somthing small and silly......I am simply not willing to give them any way of pointing the finger of blame at me......

I have a time and date stamped photo(posted on this forum) to show that there have been no miles put on the bike......another will be taken when they take posession of the bike....

Yeah.....I don't trust too many people.....and I do not trust ANY salesman, politician or lawyer that is not currently on my payroll, and even then it is ALWAYS questionable........

Terrible way to live I know......But I really hate being taken advantage of:confused2:

wicked shitty man! i would personally try to source the leak so i could fix it and ride it instead of sending it back, esp if they were th eones that caused the issue! thats just my two cents tho.. can u take afew pics and post them up? then let us kno wwhat they say?

wicked shitty man! i would personally try to source the leak so i could fix it and ride it instead of sending it back, esp if they were the ones that caused the issue! that's just my two cents tho.. can u take a few pics and post them up? then let us know what they say?

Yea I agree too. It is always possible for hoses to burst, but even more common is the ol' loose hose clip or collar, or even gone missing! So if they missed it :bang head:, do you wanna give it back to them? :ummm:

Boom, if the dealer is 1 1/2 hours away does the warranty state that they will pickup and drop off the bike in the event warranty work needs to be performed? If not it's gonna cause you a big hassle to get it back & forth.

Why not take a look at it, get back to us with what you found, or what you think the issue is...good chance someone will be able to help.

If it turns out that parts are needed, maybe then call the dealer, tell him what you found and see if you can get him to send out the parts.

Or fix it and call the dude and tell him you fixed it, he's a piece of shit and if you don't get a new helmet for free you're gonna spread the bad word all over the internet!! :biglaugh:

Or fix it and call the dude and tell him you fixed it, he's a piece of shit and if you don't get a new helmet for free you're gonna spread the bad word all over the internet!! :biglaugh:

Ya thas da way!!

We're really good at spreading around here :rofl_200::biglaugh::eusa_dance::clapping::punk:

I have tomorrow morning off....perhaps I shall take a look:confused2:

I have tomorrow morning off....perhaps I shall take a look:confused2:

I would at the least have a look see. Even if you do nothing and still take it to the dealer. That way you would know the problem and if the dealer tells you anything different, you will now know the incompedence your dealing with.

Leak1a.jpg

Leak1.jpg

Leak2.jpg

Leak3.jpg

Leak4.jpg

Back