soot on the exhaust tip.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djvmax07

Reaction score
Have voo doo full exhaust and morleys jet kit. Have soot on the tips of the exhaust and when im running at high speeds and let off the throttle getting some backfire.

What do I need to adjust?

thanks

155 mains
stage 7 needles 3rd clip

stage 7 springs

morleys air box

a/f 2 1/2 turns

bike runs strong just getting to soot on tips..

Well the soot on the tips means that your running rich. So I would drop to 152.5's...and see how that is.

Have voo doo full exhaust and morleys jet kit. Have soot on the tips of the exhaust and when im running at high speeds and let off the throttle getting some backfire.

What do I need to adjust?

thanks
Dont meen to hijack the thread, whats the voodoo exhaust like? was looking in to getting one at the end of year.
Sound/build quality etc??

155 mains
stage 7 needles 3rd clip

stage 7 springs

morleys air box

a/f 2 1/2 turns

bike runs strong just getting to soot on tips..

Check your float levels too. And a plug chop/read. I've set up others about the same as yours and they ran fine. On the rich side a little maybe.

Thanks everybody for input. The exhaust is good quality and is on the loud side but has a good sound..

Just my opinion but soot on exhaust is completely unavoidable with a carberueted vehicle.

It's gonna be rich somewhere, it's a carburetor, nature of the beast, the tailpipe gives you no idea where it's rich either.

My set up is the same as yours (HMF pipes with ufo slash cuts). I feel it's just a tad rich and will try 152.5s. However, she runs awesome with the cool fall weather!!

Dale

Back