sound on vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavgrab302

Reaction score
Wanting to see if any of you guys have a sound bar style speaker on your vmax. something loud and clear..

The mtx/kuryaken is 400 bucks, no thanks when i know there are others that are just as loud that can be fitted as well like jbl charge. I can 3d print brackets. Only curious if someone had something like that.

Back to the original question( watched your Marks video bout 5 times). My brother rides an old Kawi police bike with really good audio, plenty of room for speaker placement but none shown, Ill ask/post what he's using.

Oooh the Marks sound's sweet!Looks sweet too. Be proud of that elusive perfect tune idle, sounds(literally) like you nailed it!!!
Oh yeah lots of hours getting jetting right. I cut the marks down to 7” and covered half the reso tubes.

Well I think i have narrowed it down.
JBL Cruise although reviews say you cannot hear at highway speeds.
Sony XB31-33 portable speaker around 91/2 wide or XB 43 11 1/2 inches wide which put it reservoir to reservoir of course Ill have to 3d print brackets to put the sonys on the handlebars but they seem louder but not sure being i have only heard the sonys.

Find out more about Bluetooth helmet setups.

I have a Scorpion EXO 1400 carbon fiber helmet. It comes with speaker recesses. I then ordered a cheap Bluetooth reciever from Amazon for $22.00.

It was pretty good as is, but I upgraded the speakers to a pair of JBL's.

I get my tunes, sat nav if I need it, phone calls, the whole works.

Cardo packtalk black in my helmet.
works very well and sounds good even with voodoo pipes.

Cardo freecom 4+ With JBL speakers mounted inside Shoei RF-1200. Great setup. Hands free voice control. Nav, phone, music, coms. Great little device. Able to send and receive phone calls at highway speeds.

Cardo packtalk black in my helmet.
works very well and sounds good even with voodoo pipes.
My group bought 8 Cardo Pack Talk coma. They are good. The mesh network is a great thing.

The BIG draw back of the Cardo is that GPS steps on Intercom. I have complained about this several times to Cardo. Bottom line is that it should be selectable. There is also a 15 second or so delay after GPS cuts out before intercom comes back.

I think this is a real hazard when the leader is trying to tell you there is a danger and the GPS is talking over him. You can faintly hear the intercom in the background so it would seem to me it could be fixed in firmware.

Latest posts

Back