Spark plug wire loose

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James t

To boldly go where no man has gone before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys are there any rubber or plastic grommets that go inside the screw on connectors on the factory coils I know the spark plug boots have a little cork screw thread on them but the coils just seem to be a pointy Spike is there supposed to be something holding them in there to clamp down or are they just held in by pressure mine seem to fall out pretty easy thanks

Attachments

• 16673460497113888631221881005508.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 0
Never mind I answered my own question my front coils have the rubber grommet my backs are missing does anyone know where I can find this little grommet or have a part number for these or does anybody have any lying around they can ship to me

Attachments

• 16673463768548206125541634232371.jpg
    9.9 MB · Views: 0
Those are commonly called 'olives'. You might try O-rings which fit snugly on the high tension lead, and which fit under the coil tower screw-on cap the wire goes through. You could use >1 O-ring on the high-tension wire to get enough bite under the screw-on cap. The olives are not available separately.

VMax electrical pieces.png

Last edited:
Yeah I'm going to go up to Ace hardware tomorrow I'll get a real thick o-ring but it's got to be beveled on one side so it closes in on The wire thanks

Latest posts

Back