Spark plug wire to which coil ,does it matter which coil at the rear

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whiteflys

Reaction score
Hi pulled the leads out of the rear coils when I was replacing the valve cover gasket and forgot which lead goes to which coil ? Help please

If you mean, "this lead can go in either coil," the answer is, "yes." If you mean, "I don't have to run the lead to the correct cylinder, it can go to either rear cylinder," no, that is not the case.

Just plug in both rear coil connectors. If it runs like crap/backfires, switch them. Generally, for the rears, left coil goes to left-rear cylinder, etc. The front cylinders cross.

Mark

Thanks for that guys couldnt remember which way , will run and see what happens. It was the spark plug leads I was talking about at the rear to which side does the lead go to.left to left and right to right.

If you mean, "this lead can go in either coil," the answer is, "yes." If you mean, "I don't have to run the lead to the correct cylinder, it can go to either rear cylinder," no, that is not the case.
Hi not sure what you mean on the second part, talking about the rear two spark plug leads going to the rear coils? Thanks

Latest posts

Back