Special thanks to Vmax Mike, Leecifer, Beekeeper and Scuff!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
11880420_1016108671756171_2259393737962307193_n.jpg

Well another accident this year... almost 25 years of riding and never an accident and I have two in one year.

Engine malfunction first time and animal ran in front of me second time. Not sure if I hit it. Can't see any signs of hitting it, but then again, the front of my bike is gone lol.

I spent some time in the hospital.

11923603_10207664788437302_3834263433263043473_n.jpg

I suffered from broken T1 transverse process in my back and pulmonary contusion, substernal hematoma, bruised my lungs, my heart and my aorta, tore my sternum that caused a blod clot and one of the reasons I stayed in the hospital because they couldn't tell if I had tore my aorta. I dislocated my left thumb and tore ligaments in a way they can't put it back without surgery. My right shoulder I damaged, but honestly forgot what they said. Suffered a concussion that made me lose memory of what happened from the time I crashed till the time the emt's got there. I bit through my tongue on both sides and bruised it. Hurt to eat for a few days. My blood pressure and heart rate wouldn't go down. Though I couldnt tell, but my heart rate was over 110-118 until the following day and my blood pressure was around 170 ish over 110.

So I am sore and struggling to get myself going. But it is what it is. I am alive.

The bike is a total loss. Frame cracked, wheels cracked, engine mount cracked off engine, all the fairings are toast, electrical wiring is half cut and missing. I think I could have stopped at frame cracked... lol.

I just wanted to give a briefing and to say a huge special thanks Mike, Lee, Tom and Patrick.

After I gained some awareness I remember Patrick telling me I should sit down, I turned and spit a few mouth fulls of blood and an EMT was there. Next I am in an ambulance calling my parents and heading to U of M hospital.

Mike was there when I got to the hospital. Or at least that's what I remember, I don't recall much other than being in a hospital until he started talking to me. He waited and stayed with me until my girlfriend got there and then waited awhile till my parents showed up. I know he and the other guys helped with getting my bike taken care of and everything else. He also called my girlfriend and left messages with her.

Patrick told me he kept telling me to sit down, I only remember one time and I did ( when the EMT got there ). I guess I was in tall grass and hard to find when I superman'ed off the bike ( or whatever happened ). I didnt have a helmet jacket or gloves on after the wreck, Patrick and Lee both told me I took them off. I don't recall that at all.

Tom, Lee, Patrick and Mike picked up pieces of my bike, maybe I ll keep a piece as a memento lol.

All four guys kept in touch with me and continue to check up on me. I appreciate that very much.

Everyone played a part and I have no doubt that without my gear and my good friends, I wouldn't been typing this out to you guys. I am very grateful to have such good friends, and thank you guys very much for everything you did for me. I will never forget that thoughtfulness.

My girlfriend and family both have been taking care of me. I thank them alot as well for all their efforts. I did make it back to work for a few hours on the 1st. It was a little more than I thought. But being a business owner, I have no real options than to get back to work soon. Bills are here and the hospital bill was submitted to the insurance companies, so I am waiting to see what my initial damage is, and then the surgeries and rehab will come next. We'll see what happens I guess. Its going to be a tough road ahead.

Again I thank Mike, Lee, Tom and Patrick for being there for me. You guys rock!

Todd

Glad your still with us, best of luck with your recovery.

Thanks Todd for the kind words, but like we've said before could have been any one of us, we all ride hard, i'm sure if the shoe were on the other foot you would have been right there telling me to sit down too, glad to hear your on the mend and you have my number if you need something i'll be there !

Glad to see that your doing better. It could've been A LOT worse.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Your welcome Todd. Glad your doing better and I'm glad you had on good gear or it could have been worse. Don't try to do to much to soon. This has really made me look at how good of riding gear I have and I'm doing a lot research.

Glad to hear your doing better, good thought heading your way for quick and complete healing. Another riding friend had a mishap on his ZX but was luckier than you in the amount of injuries sustained. Once you get to the point where you can access the damage to the equipment let us know how your protective gear did or didn't do it's job and what you will do differently as you replace your gear.
Be well and strong in your recovery!

Latest posts

Back