Special Washer Under Stator Cover

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdbul

Reaction score
I am finishing installation of a new ES stator. I went to put the outer fancy cover on and can't decide what the orientation of the "special washer" that goes over the end of the crank should be. It doesn't appear to matter but I also know what happens when I assume. The manual and parts catalog don't really show it either.

Should the raised shoulder be in (towards motor) or out?

Another question: Do you guys use sealer on the gaskets for this machine? With OEM gaskets its not necessary on my other bike.

Also, as a heads up to anyone looking at having to do this. I have now put one of these electrosport stators in my Vmax and my Suzuki GS. Both had the same issue, the placement of the rubber part on the wires is off and must be adjusted by pulling it down the wires before installing. After moving the piece I recovered the now longer leads with a longer piece of heat sheathing.

The washer goes in flat side facing out. I use Yamabond 4, or high temp silicone on most gaskets. The spot where the wires from the stator come through the cover, I always use sealer there.
Steve-o

I would not use any sealant on that gasket. it may be necessary a small dab on the 2 grommets for the wiring. i usually smear a bit of oil on the gasket to keep it in place when assembling and if properly oiled you can reuse if removing is necessary again as it will most likely not stick to block or cover.

I usually use marine grease for the same purpose you stated with the oil. Works like a charm. I did goo this one up so I hope I don't have to go back in there for a while.

Back