Specs on stock wheel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildweasel_pt

Reaction score
Guys

Need a bit of your attention and insight. Can anyone with a stock rear wheel tell me the diameter of the "spokes section"? I mean the diameter of the disc that connects the hub to the outer ribs of the rim where the air valve is, in other words twice the distance from wheel center to the surface where the air valve is seated on... Thanks in advance for your help

Fred

Ok ok I'll spit it... I need to know if i can bolt on the vmax disc onto a blank rim i got. i need to match both diameters... And im afraid vmax diameter will be too short. This sucks having two of them and i cannot know that simple measure... LOL

I found what yar planning to do from the very beggining!

Cut out the v-max hub, make it smaller and desing the adapter to fit your new blanker.

Something like this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-10-5...0997&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

The place that is selling this wheel is about 20 minutes from my home. I have been there a few times. They have a very large old building in an old, run down town. Lots of HD parts scattered thru multiple floors. They have certain types of parts in certain areas of the store but finding things remind me of being on a treasure hunt.

If anyone is interested in buying this wheel I could pick it up in person and re-ship it to try and save some costs... Not that I see anyone trying to shoehorn a 10.5" rim on the vmax.

I found what yar planning to do from the very beggining!

Cut out the v-max hub, make it smaller and desing the adapter to fit your new blanker.

Something like this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-10-5...0997&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Not really, even easier... Cut out the tire seat and just leave the hub with the stock disc and then bolt it to the blank, by leaving just a small rib on the blank with the same diameter as the stock disc. See below

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52113

So much for the surprise factor... :bang head:

Not really, even easier... Cut out the tire seat and just leave the hub with the stock disc and then bolt it to the blank, by leaving just a small rib on the blank with the same diameter as the stock disc. See below

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52113

So much for the surprise factor... :bang head:

I've wondered about the feasibility of something like this myself. Won't you have to deal with an interesting offset though? The "disc" and hub is going to have to bolt to one side or the other of the rib on the blank right?

He is just saying that it would be a little difficult to install a 10.5" wide wheel on the bike. The link that Prez provided was to a 10.5" wide wheel on ebay.

I have a 18x11J running a 300 tire on mine. Whats the issue?

I've wondered about the feasibility of something like this myself. Won't you have to deal with an interesting offset though? The "disc" and hub is going to have to bolt to one side or the other of the rib on the blank right?

Nope. Bolt using side tabs to link both parts. The stock disc would be bolted lined up with the rims rib.

Prez is the 346mm diameter right? is that the size of the stock rim disc?

What about using a blank like in the link Prez posted and machining the ID to match the OD of the Vmax "disc"? Seems like that would be an option to consider if the "disc" OD is too small to mate with the hoops Fred posted.

What about using a blank like in the link Prez posted and machining the ID to match the OD of the Vmax "disc"? Seems like that would be an option to consider if the "disc" OD is too small to mate with the hoops Fred posted.

That would not be a problem but those wheels are very heavy. They can be get with narrower widths like 5,5 or so. Aint gonna be cheaper then my standard mod.

Back