Speed and RPM or RPM and Speed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

VMAXXIMUM

Reaction score
With so many options for wheel size and venture differential swaps I'm curious as to what the actual differences on the street are. Could we post up wheel and rear diff. spec's and either your speed in 5th at 5000 rpm or your rpm in 5th at 85mph. I'm running 17" wheels with the stock rear diff. At 5000 rpm in 5th I'm reading exactly 85mph.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Sean has a spreadsheet with info on speeds and rpm's. You can probably find it on his facebook presence. I'm not a facebook person.

VMAXXIMUM

Reaction score
I'm not really interested in theoretical speed and rpm's. I'm curious about individual set up's and how they perform on the road. I should add that I do also have a speedometer healer to correct for the difference in tire size.

maleko89

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not really interested in theoretical speed and rpm's. I'm curious about individual set up's and how they perform on the road. I should add that I do also have a speedometer healer to correct for the difference in tire size.
Where did you get your healer? I have similar setup but put a gsxr (I think) speedo drive in. Not sure how accurate it is but will do your fifth gear test amd see.

VMAXXIMUM

Reaction score
I have gsxr wheels that I got from Larry Fitzgerald (LCR Performance in Rochester NY). Along with absolutely everything else you might need for the conversion it was included. I have posted about my awesome experience with him. Could not ask for a more complete kit.

maleko89

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, will see how accurate mine is first. If memory serves, initially thought the wheel was off an older fzr600 but don’t think that speedo drive worked since axle size was 15 mm. Sucks getting older and not remembering. PO thinks wheel is from gsx-r1100 which does have same size axle as a Vmax.

one2dmax

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone interested can email me for the gearing calculator I created. You can alter trans gears with the known ratios that will fit as well as tire size and rear diff ratios.

maleko89

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, seems mine is pretty accurate. At 5K rpms and 5th gear, 80 mph. Pretty close IMO since I gauged speed with a Werner truck on I-80 and they never go above speed limit lol.

Edit:

I tried Morley's calculator and looks like mine is close enough.

1629339421772.png

Last edited:

maleko89

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure. Anything is possible with time and money. I spent $15 and about half hour for my change.

Latest posts