Speed in gears excel sheet

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingy

Reaction score
I updated the speed calculation sheet I had posted a while back. I can't find the thread so I started a new one.

I added a feature to be able to display speeds in Kilometers/Hour.

Also modified the tire size inputs a little. I got a new rear tire and found it was easier to measure circumference accurately than it was to measure diameter.

Just modified this sheet to add a wheel slippage factor.

The password to unlock the sheet is dingy if you are an excel guru and want to play with it. Only locked it as it is easier for user if only cells that need input are editable.

Gary

Attachments

• Gear ratios rev B.xls
    35.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Just modified the spreadsheet in the first post to include a wheel slippage correction factor for each gear.

Gary

Wow, nice work. That's definitely a keeper...should submit it to vmaxoutlaw, way more useful than their "speed in gears" chart. Especially since it applies to 4 different bikes, and both the vmax/venture pumpkins.

OK I know I can be a tard sometimes but I'm having a rough time reading this. And if I understand it correctly in 5th gear at 5000 RPM's my Gen 1 should be traveling at 93.6 MPH? I'm doing about 75 by the speedo. So am I reading the graph wrong or do I need to start looking for a problem with the bike?

OK I know I can be a tard sometimes but I'm having a rough time reading this. And if I understand it correctly in 5th gear at 5000 RPM's my Gen 1 should be traveling at 93.6 MPH? I'm doing about 75 by the speedo. So am I reading the graph wrong or do I need to start looking for a problem with the bike?

The spreadsheet as you opened it is set for first gen Venture with Venture final drive. Change the bike model to #4 and the final drive to #2 if yours is a stock Vmax setup. Also input your correct tire size in the pink boxes as well.

OP. Very nice spreadsheet by the way:) Thanks for your effort and contribution.

Regards,
R

Gary,

you got skills man:punk::punk:.....Wish I could use Excel like that, the best I can do is copy someone elses templates and try not to screw 'em up.....:ummm:

The spreadsheet as you opened it is set for first gen Venture with Venture final drive. Change the bike model to #4 and the final drive to #2 if yours is a stock Vmax setup. Also input your correct tire size in the pink boxes as well.

OP. Very nice spreadsheet by the way:) Thanks for your effort and contribution.

Regards,
R

Thanks, now I understand it all.

I tweaked spreadsheet a little more.

At top left of sheet I put a heading in red as to what sheet is set for.

Example:
1st Gen Venture Transmission with a 1st Gen VMax Final Drive

Also added pull down boxes to most of the user input fields to limit data selection

I did submit this to the VMax Outlaw sight.

Gary

i tried to move this to the drivetrain section to sticky it but it got moved to the 2nd gen technical, and i don't have access to move it to gen1 drivetrain, can someone do that for me and sticky it?

Latest posts

Back