Speedo gearpart # for 17 inch wheels

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly

Reaction score
I got it from Ronayers.com for $28.04 part # 4HM-25190-20-00 this corrects the high speedometer reading after installing 17 inch wheels, also something to be aware of that using the stock speedo gear with a 17 inch wheel will result in false miles accumulation as it will count miles faster than normal, I think I cheated myself by ~1000 miles:bicycle:

Last edited:
Found this while searching Google for a way to keep my stock speedo and have it accurate as well (relatively). Aftermarket wheels and tires look cool, ride nice, and are giving me a headache.
Tried to pm firefly about his results with this part, but i am unable to pm him for some reason. Anybody else try this part and know what is involved?
Sean sent me some speedometer drive units to try, and 2 of them are CLOSER, but still near 10 mph off at 50 actual( by GPS). Contacted coo and I was told he couldn't help either.

Btw, i have a 110/70/17 front.

So its as easy as swapping guts in the speedo drive unit? No alterations to the housing or new gearset to get it to fit?

Not if you have YZF wheels, and the only reason you have to swap internals is cause the T'cat axle is a smaller diameter.

I s'pose you could ream the axle hole to accept the VMax axle too, probly be easier than changing internals, which is a bit tricky cause the retainer pin is in a blind hole.

Latest posts

Back