Speedo

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how are you going to change the speedo from mechanical to digital though?

so the speed sensor that comes with it will work? I might be able to figure out a way to mount it if so... any specific way it mounts? (I know you dont have it though, you must have done your research )

ok, so for those of who dont know, Sean offers a digital speedo at a great price, they look awesome too...

I got the Koso RX-1 and it does everything. But it is not a plug and play type deal. You will need to be a pretty good electrician or have better than average mechanical aptitude. Mine is a tack,temp,fuel,speed,shift light,1/4 mile counter and more. You have to study to operate it. About 400 bucks plus install.

I came across this on a European Vmax site , if my speedo shits itself im getting one of these and it fits in the original speedo housing .

Attachments

• digital-speedo-information.jpg
    digital-speedo-information.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 91
Couldnt really see it , any probs with the install etc ...

No, easy, run a pickup to front wheel and can calibrate it for speed.
The wiring diagram was easy to follow. That ebay link I posted, shows them at $249 Aud which isn't too bad.

So is there one order for the 88 , the LED backlight will even match the frame .:punk:

Well, I must admit my mind was ticking over when I thought about it.
I did machine my new front wheel to accommodate the stock speedo drive so I know it will at least read, but it's going to be outa whack because I have a 19" front.
If it bothers me too much I'll biff it and put one of these digitals on.:eusa_dance:

..And sorry for hijacking the thread.
There is a cheap and easy solution also which some of the chopper guys use which is nothing more than a bicycle digital speedo which are pretty accurate.

all cool options, however for ease of install n whatnot i've always been toyign with the idea of the sportvue.

I was considering using this Acewell but i dont like how it looks, remainds me an christmas tree but, its a matter of taste.

I've bought this KOSO becouse it was cheap(120$), simple and as an future option it works with prety any fuel lever sensor.

Latest posts

Back