Speedometer invaded!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gbianchi

Reaction score
So here's one for the group. My speedometer has been invaded by a black spider, seems to only like 75mph, that's where I see it which just happens to be at the 12 o'clock position....really. As a result my Speedo will not go past the 75 mph mark! Any ideas besides replacement of the speedometer, any body think it will work itself out? Ho hum can't have nice things!

Hm, the speedo is pretty-well-sealed, wonder how it arrived there? Maybe dismount the speedo, and use a shop vac to suction the critter out. If there's no apparent hole where you can apply suction, maybe someone who's been inside a speedo could tell you where you might carefully drill a hole in the body of the speedo to provide a path-out for the insect. Then you could just use a piece of duct tape or Flex-Seal to seal things back-up.

Well, you could maybe take the speedo loose and shake it away from where it's at. I imagine it's dead and it might just fall to the bottom of the speedo where it would do no harm, maybe. A shot of staring fluid in the speedo would kill it if it's still alive and maybe also knock it loose.

Suction would only create a "wind" and pull it out if there were 2 holes. Otherwise it would just reduce the pesure inside and give it a headache.

Thanks for the reply/ideas, yes Boris is alive.....for now, I know I went to 90 mph today but Speedo never got past 70....grrr!

Thanks for the reply/ideas, yes Boris is alive.....for now, I know I went to 90 mph today but Speedo never got past 70....grrr!
You definitely have the correct game plan. If you go 0 - 100 fast enough the needle hitting Boris will be like a baseball bat hitting a grapefruit.

If you get pulled over I'm sure explaining your problem will either get you a get out of jail free pass or a nice ride in a van with a white coat

Yee ha, Boris is gone or dead, speedometer works as it should, 95 today and all is good....except for the wind trying to tear me off the bike!

RIP Boris

One of my favorite Who tunes.

Last edited:
Back