• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Speedometer Options under $120

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJShover

Proud Vmax lover
Reaction score
82040955.jpg

$52.98 + free shipping here.

Multi-function:
Speedometer (magnetic pickup)
Tachometer
Odometer
Fuel level
Clock

Fit for:
4 stroke motorcycle
disc-brake front tire
17 Inch tires (default as 17", if your tire is 10", 12", 13", 18", 19", 20", or 21", please contact us before bidding).

Specifications:
Operating temperature: -30 C ~ 80 C
Storage temperature: -35 C ~ 85 C
The Power voltage: 12V DC
Backlight: blue

86679595.jpg

$79.90 + $23.99 shipping here

Multi-function:
Tachometer with shift light
Odometer
Fuel level
Gear indicator
clock
Icons show; turn signals, hi/lo, check engine, battery warning, temp warning, low fuel warning

Specifications:
Operating temperature: -30 C ~ 85 C
Working voltage: 9-16V DC

28871397.jpg

$79.99 + $24.99 shipping here.

Multi-function:
Speedometer (magnetic pickup, can switch between kph and mph)
Tachometer
Odometer
Fuel level
Gear indicator
clock
Icons show; turn signals, hi/lo, Neutral

Specifications:

96330021.jpg

42626437.jpg

$69.99 + $14.99 here

Multi-function:
Odometer
Icons show; Turn signals, hi/lo, Neutral

Specifications:
Backlight: switches between blue and red

90256376.jpg

$79.90 + $24.99 shipping here

Multi-function:
Speedometer (magnetic pickup, can shift between kph and mph)
Odometer
Trip
Clock
Gear indicator
Icons show; Turn signals, hi/lo, Neutral

Specifications:

32338546.jpg

$79.99 + $23.99 shipping here

Multi-function:
Odometer
Trip
Fuel level
Clock
Gear indicator
Icons show; Turn signals, hi/lo, Neutral, low fuel level

Specifications:

91465688.jpg

$79.99 + $24.99 shipping here

Multi-function:
Odometer
Trip
Fuel level
Clock
Gear indicator
Voltage
Icons show; Turn signals, hi/lo, Neutral, low fuel level, temp warning

Specifications:
Backlight: Red (ish)

Good info. Too bad none have a shift light...

Kj, I thought you got the mechanical pickup one. What would need to be done to switch to magnetic pickup?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Kj this is awesome I always wondered about the quality of these compared to Koso. This may be next years addition.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Kj, I thought you got the mechanical pickup one. What would need to be done to switch to magnetic pickup?

It comes with it... just a magnet on like a clip the will go on your rim somewhere.. then pickup goes on your fork and as the rim rotates it will pick up how fast your going.. it will do away with your speedo cable.. like what you find on bicycle speedos

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I do have the mechanical version of the first tach.
No conversion, I looked all over. Looks like the only option is to pony up the extra $12 for the one like mine except it has the magnetic pickup and doesn't need the speedo cable.

So I got the second one from the original post. I've got it mostly hooked up, but still have a couple steps before its really working right. Here are some thoughts.

It certainly looks good and is close enough in quality to some stock gauges that I don't really care.
All of the circuits that I need seem to function. I haven't worked on the speedo sensor yet, though. That seems to be the one that gives people the most trouble.
I have to decide how I'm going to get signal from all the idiot lights in the dash. I currently have wires bent and jammed into the little light receptacles for testing purposes.

The mounting posts are NOT TAPPED. I will be making a vibration damped mounting plate that has rubber grommets around the posts and securing by filling the posts with JB Weld and putting wood screws in there. I might try it with just the screws first, but I really don't want things to crack off when I'm driving.
I had to set the tach function to 1-cylinder mode. It reads fine like that with a little delay, but the needles match and I'll be retaining the stock tach function anyway.
Not sure how to use water temp light as there is no real warning for this on a stock max anyway.
I also need to figure out where to hook up the fuel light. It currently flashes because it's supposed to be hooked to some actual resistance from a fuel sending unit.
The shift light is not programmable on mine, and is set at 10k. I am considering taking the back off and trying to solder the shift light wire to the tach sweep light that comes on at 9k. Not sure if that will really work, though.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. If the speedometer works, I'll be in business.

I picked up the second one and now they are asking if my bike has a negative rpm signal....? anybody have any idea what they are talking about?

On the speedometer you are selling will the fuel gauge work for a 2006 vmax or can it be modified to?

On the speedometer you are selling will the fuel gauge work for a 2006 vmax or can it be modified to?

I'm running one of the China models, and yes you can hook up the fuel gauge. PM me if this is the route you want to go and I'll tell you what I did (involves a universal sending unit and cutting a hole in the top of your tank).

wzib.jpg

A member is selling one here for $50

Ok so I'm wanting to buy the second one on the list but the seller has like 10 that appear the same for sale. Prices at $39, $49, $69, and $79.

Could someone with a bit of time give me a sanity check as to which one is correct. Is there a small difference I am missing in each of these?

Lots of guys with big eBay stores set a price range for auto-listing. EBay chooses the prices and posts them for the seller. It's possible that a couple of them come with a mechanical speedo sensor instead of magnetic, but I paid $60 for mine with magnetic speedo.

My ebay $48 china special with mechanical hookup. I am just using speed and tach functions.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 101

Latest posts

Back