• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Speedometer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dialtapper

Reaction score
Need a Speedometer for my 2001

Broke mine with 4200 on so I would like one close.

Thanks.

Probably going to be difficult to find one close to that low mileage, I have a nice one off of a 96 model with 28K if you are interested.

I just sold one with 6k on it. I've had lower but not very often! I think the others I have left are the higher miles like tornado has.

I have one with 10,000 miles from my 06. Not sure if I want to sell it yet, but if you make a good enough offer I might let it go. That is if you want it.

I traded in a low 6K last week as well. And when i got it it was with low 5k... Very difficult to come by...

maybe ask that guy who's 05 just blew up?

Gee, I specifically requested the speedo from CaptainKyle when I bought the 2007 motor with 4,200 miles on it. He'd kill me or worse, cut me off from buying if I sold it!
PATMAX

Just for my own knowledge, what year did the VMAX's switch to the "new style", with the different fonts? Is that the only change through the years?

2004_VMAX_Speedo.jpg

Thanks everyone. I bought a fair high mile one from Kyle after my "incident" so I'm ok for now. Just like to replace it nice one with mileage closer to correct. Might have to do it sooner rather than latter, the one I have now starts howling like a banshee every couple of months, another shot of LPS quiets it down again but it's only a matter of time before it blows up.

If anyone remembers I'm looking one I'd appreciate it. I'll re-post this in a couple of months, or mine blows up, what ever comes first.

Hey guys quit making fun of me. The bike looks just like it does in those pictures. I have a very steep driveway and with out vmax power it1s a bitch to roll out since motor kaputt! Anyhow, I have a speedo with 13.734/7 miles on it.(I used it it to get the bike registered in Cali. For $50.- it`s yours.

c6e4e8a0-01d4-06c8.jpg
Dialtapper, did you mean something like this one? I'll keep my eyes open for you in case I see one.

When in doubt...Gas it !!!

Bump.

Still looking for one with about 5 or 6K.

Bought a nice one with 13K but the one I have is sounding like it will explode long before I put that many miles on the bike.

Just took one off my '06. Can't remember exact mileage....Somewhere around 6500 I think. Not sure if the guy who does my inspections will give me a hard time about the mileage matching or not? I've heard of guys having to bring their old ones along when they get the bike inspected.

Just took one off my '06. Can't remember exact mileage....Somewhere around 6500 I think. Not sure if the guy who does my inspections will give me a hard time about the mileage matching or not? I've heard of guys having to bring their old ones along when they get the bike inspected.

Let me know if it's available Mike. Happy to part trade my spare with 13K if that helps, or I'll just sell it here if anyone's interested.

Bump again...

A couple days ago mine started howling then the needle started bouncing around, hit the peg at 155 mph and sheared right off. I pulled the cable out of the housing and it looked fine but it was covered in grease. I thought cables were supposed to be dry-lubed. Is that common for VMaxes?

Dialtapper, I might be interested in your 13k unit if you still have it.

Back