Spin on oil filter adapter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mista_max

Reaction score
Has anyone use th? Rivco spin on oil filtre adapter. Its aloy cheaper than the one selling at cycle one off.

Re: Spin on oil filtre adapter

I've got the one from Cycle One off on my 94, works great. I can't say for Rivco. But, Welcome to the Forum anyway... :biglaugh: Happy New Year Too...

Cycle One Off is only $5.00 more.... It's on sale..

Put one on my ZX-11 a few years ago--- only way to go if you only have a cartrage type. No more mess!!! It was actually one of the selling points that helped complete the deal.

Happy New Year to all !!

Was just about to order the Cycle One off adapter when i noticed that they mentionned that the crossbar needs to be modified for clearance or you have to buy theirs for 105$. Is it complicated to modify ?

The newer gen 1 crossbar is curved over their spin on oil filter ('95 to '07, I believe) you can find them on Ebay when somebody is parting out bikes. I picked a curved cross brace up for $29 + shipping and it came with some related parts too.

No luck finding used cross brace but found another on vendor selling an adaptor and says you can use smaller diameter filter.

Seems like a lot of expense/effort just to save a minute or two at oil changes. You could buy a lot of cartridge filters for the coin needed to retrofit a spin on in it's place. :confused2:

Seems like a lot of expense/effort just to save a minute or two at oil changes. You could buy a lot of cartridge filters for the coin needed to retrofit a spin on in it's place. :confused2:

Here we have a problem with can filters and spin-ons are avaible on every gas station and supermarket - thats why.

Its also easier for non skilled user couse you cant lost the parts from the oil bolt and destroy the engine - which happens all the time on all engines.

You might want to look and see how much room you have with the straight cross brace. On my 85 I have plenty of room with the straight cross brace

Does anyone have the CAD drawing on this? Would save me lots of effort... Be nice and share people... lol

I have a few on hand but I am not going to be as cheap as ebay. I can also get new ones. We have made a few as well.

Sean

Back