Spin on oil filter adapter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
I've been thinking about changing my '85 to a spin on filter using this adapter from cycleoneoff.com. The ad stated I need to buy a curved cross brace or modify the original one. $139.00 for the cross brace seems a BIT steep!

Anyone modified the original? Is it a simple mod, or do I need to get something welded?

I did this mod last year & it is a hell of lot easier to swap filters. I bit the bullet & got the brace. I could of bent one myself but it wouldn't have looked as nice as the one offered

They show up on eBay sometimes and the guy that sells the adapter sometimes has them used. One of my friends bought the adapter and watched eBay till one came up and bought that. You can set up an automatic search on eBay and they will email you every time one shows up. I use that feature all the time.

I got mine from Pinwall Cycles on Ebay for $27. Right now they have several of them, albeit the same style you already have, but their priced from $25 to $17.
Here is a link to their Ebay Store Pinwall Cycles, although you may want to set up a auto search for them like m-cman mentioned. The problem with this part is that it seems everybody has a different name for it on Ebay.

Probly just my worn out ol' eyes but damn if that one don't look straight to me!! :blink000::blink000::blink000:
Yes it does, it is within the right years though...'96 to '07 Hmmm...:ummm:
I noticed someone asked him a question back on Jan 18th as follows:
"Q: hi You can still photos? there is a difference 86-96 and 96-2007
A: HI! There are no difference and this frame section stayed the same all those years. The microfiche gives the same part number from 1985 to a 2007: 1FK-2141V-10-00. Thank you for asking! Al
"
He is right that the part numbers are all the same, at least in the years ('02/ '92/ '85) I checked on Ron Ayers fiche.

To Bill, I have factory curved or late model ones advertised under my classified ad "Powdercoated parts available". I almost always have them available in gloss black and occassionally flat black for $100 shipped in the USA. Do you need pictures before you buy?
Patrick.
PS. I'll give something for a core deposit for your straight one although there is not a huge demand for straight ones.

Latest posts

Back