Quantcast

Spoked rear wheel

Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

Adie Porter

Reaction score
Hi do any of you guru types know of another shaft drive Yamaha rear wheel that is spoked and would be a direct swap for the OEM version?

upload_2019-11-6_19-12-44.png

Fire-medic

Reaction score
Hi do any of you guru types know of another shaft drive Yamaha rear wheel that is spoked and would be a direct swap for the OEM version?

View attachment 70375
'a direct swap for the OEM version of what? '

If you're speaking of the VMax, there never-was a spoked version wheel on a stock bike. The original Kerker/Dynojet bike had a custom set of spoked wheels, probably made by Buchanan. I've seen one-other set, it was on a bike here in south Florida and I believe Captain Kyle bought the bike, just to-get those wheels.

If you have a VMax sporting a set of spoked wheels, you have a very-rare aftermarket accessory.

Adie Porter

Reaction score
Maybe a rephrase would clarify?
I am looking at a spoked wheel conversion for one of my V-Maxes and was wondering if any of the other Yamaha shaft drive models with spoked wheels would fit like the vstar 1100. Before i seek prices to get some made.

Adie Porter

Reaction score
Cheers, they seem to be a different size.
I noticed a couple of suzukis and hondas have the same rim size, might save a bit of machining if i only have to do the hub?

jedi-

Reaction score
It's entirely possible to machine a new hub and spoke it to a generic rim

Adie Porter

Reaction score
Thanks Jedi, it looks like thats what im going to have to get done, just looking for anyone set up for doing it in Aus.

VMax-Mike

Reaction score
I don't think he wants to sell them next time I see him I will ask

Polette

Reaction score
Maybe a rephrase would clarify?
I am looking at a spoked wheel conversion for one of my V-Maxes and was wondering if any of the other Yamaha shaft drive models with spoked wheels would fit like the vstar 1100. Before i seek prices to get some made.

I've been looking at the VMAX and VSTAR 1100 catalogs. The transmission is really similar. It would be interesting to know if anyone has tried to change them. It would be a good option.

one2dmax

Reaction score
I have used a variety of Venture/Royal Star gear sets. Some require the entire set to be swapped while others allow for a gear to be swapped with some machine work. That is what we get the overdrive 5th we use from (Royal Star Tour Deluxe).OEM Gearing Options.jpg

Latest posts