Sport bike style faux tank cover???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score

I know I've seen one of these on an AMERICAN site somewhere over the years, now I can't find it..

I've checked al the usual suspects like cycle one off, motoboutique, wild brothers etc...can't seem to find it now,.....???? does anyone remember seeing this??????????, it's featured on thier shop "mule" bike and states that it is limited availibilty and around $300-400 dollars... It is shaped distinctively like a sport bike style tank with high top and sharps styling lines/edges.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Rusty

I know I've seen one of these on an AMERICAN site somewhere over the years, now I can't find it..

I've checked al the usual suspects like cycle one off, motoboutique, wild brothers etc...can't seem to find it now,.....???? does anyone remember seeing this??????????, it's featured on thier shop "mule" bike and states that it is limited availibilty and around $300-400 dollars... It is shaped distinctively like a sport bike style tank with high top and sharps styling lines/edges.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Rusty

Rusty....these guys have something like what you're talking about.

http://www.v-max-f-maerz.de/vmaxkatalog/750/751a_en.html

you just missed one of these units on the uk ebay site! i saw it earlier this week, cant find it now. it was definetly more than 300-400 though. i think the ad said it was a 10 liter tank. i'll keep an eye out.

later odieoh24

Thanks for all the replies guys, but none of those are them, it looked like a sport bike tank, like a real Jap Crotch Rocket FZ1-GSXR100 type thing, it didn't look like a pregnant guppy. And it was on an american site, and they implied that they make them themselves, but not completely sure about that.

Thanks again for all your efforts.

Rusty

One of my friends has that on his bike. Not sure if I can get one any better priced.

Sean

Attachments

• Hallett1.jpg
    Hallett1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 31
  • Chris Heath.jpg
    Chris Heath.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 42
  • P1014736.jpg
    P1014736.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 36
Yep, you too but haven't got one with that shroud in place. Chris in Tulsa has one too.

Sean

Yep, you too but haven't got one with that shroud in place. Chris in Tulsa has one too.

Sean

Looks like the same style to me, with the carbon painted over, which is exactly what I'll do if I can lay my hands on one....................

Rusty

Thanks Sean, if you can find a US vendor for these let me know.

Looks like the same style to me, with the carbon painted over, which is exactly what I'll do if I can lay my hands on one....................

Rusty

Thanks Sean, if you can find a US vendor for these let me know.

If i will have one for about 2 weeks I can copy that with no any slightest damage.
Im sure that i can get 1 free copy for that.

Its gonna be fiberglass, i hope to make some of my body parts from carbon fibre but that require some time.
Cant tell when.

Finally found it, sold by over Japan.

http://www.over.jp/item/73-34-22/

It's a sweet looking piece. Should be for $507 plus whatever shipping is...

I know for sure that at one time I saw it on a US site, apparently imported by them. Wish I could find it here.

Nice , give me a pm in a day or 2 . Will have a look on my Jap site as have seen these before . :punk:

Back