Spring length?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Blackwell

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the proper length of the Diaphragm spring in the slide with the needle?
And what is the difference between the stock spring and a stage 7 spring. Or are they different?

Stg 7 springs are shorter than stock which allow the slide to open sooner.
I'm not sure on the actual lengths.

images

These shorter springs are in the '85 I recently acquired. I see no sign of Stage 7 upgrades (stock airbox and exhaust were on it).

On my '86 with Holeshot full exhaust and 150 mains, is there any benefit to these?

A 'do it yourself' fix for less pressure opening the slides was to use safety wire to tie-together a few coils of the OEM springs. This was roughly-equivalent to swapping-in the Dynojet Stage 7 springs, which are shorter.

Drilling a larger hole in the slide bottom and using shorter springs of whatever method was to make the slide retract quickly.

I can measure the length of both if you would like. I believe other people have covered the rest. All about tuning though. I run kind of a combination I have a stage 7 with stock springs & the Vboost still functional & it works great.

This is going off of memory...but I believe the stock springs are 7 inches and the stage 1/7 springs are 5 inches...as well as softer.

Latest posts

Back