Squashed supertrapp end

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hijinx1812

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently received a set of black supertrapps. The fine boys at usps decided to play smash up derby with the shipping box, the ends of the cans poked out of the shipping box, and the exhaust tips are bent up and scraped. Anyone know the best way to get them round again? I figure I could repaint them, but getting them round is the hard part. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Indeed I did.
It was actually pretty easy.
I pulled the baffle out.
Then I used a few different sized pieces (I believe it was a 3" or so pipe that worked best) of lead pipe I had laying around and a hammer to tap mine back into shape.
I just put the lead pipe inside the SuperTrapp and put the SuperTrapp onto a 2x6 and carefully tapped the lead pipe until I got the SuperTrapp back to it's original shape.
I rolled the pipe and SuperTrapp around as I was tapping the piece of pipe to get the curve back like it was before it got crushed.
It isn't perfect, there are a few very small blemishes still.
But they are pretty darn close and I'm happy with them.
Then I sanded them and sprayed them with High Temp (2000 Degree F) flat black Rustoleum Paint.
You can see the before and after pictures below.
I sprayed a few more coats on after taking that 2nd picture to even out the color a bit more before I re-installed it.

Attachments

• Crushed-Supertrapp-1.jpg
    Crushed-Supertrapp-1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Supertrapp-Left-Side-Repaired-Painted.jpg
    Supertrapp-Left-Side-Repaired-Painted.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Supertrapp-Left-Side-Repaired-Installed-Rear-1.jpg
    Supertrapp-Left-Side-Repaired-Installed-Rear-1.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Supertrapp-Left-Side-Repaired-Installed-Rear-2.jpg
    Supertrapp-Left-Side-Repaired-Installed-Rear-2.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 38
I just looked and the lead pipe sizes I used were 1-1/4" and 2-1/2".
I used the 2-1/2" for most of it and the 1-1/4" to fine tune it a bit.
They were just what I had laying around the garage.

I added a few pictures from behind the bike to the post above for you too.

I was thinkin a round piece of wood, and gently place it against the flat spot, ..and hammer away, pounding it out til shes round again.

Although..both being flat the same way, you could say its a design feature, like a custom set or something. :biglaugh:

Kyle - I agree. They couldn't have been packed any better. V-four, now there's an idea. The flat spots equal out the exhaust pulse which in turn starts a Venturi effect thereby drawing out the spent gas causing a surge of atomized fuel into the cylinders resulting in increased horsepower. Yep. I've had a couple of beers, lol.

Dman - thanks for the pics.
I'm amazed that you were able to get them to look so good. I've got hope!
You're welcome.
Just take your time and I'm sure yours will turn out just as good if not better than mine did.

Back