Stage 2 cams?!?!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theemax

Reaction score
Looking at a max with stage 7, Dale Walker 4 to 2, and stage 2 cams. How much difference is there between stock cams and the stage 2, and what would the approximate fuel mileage be with this setup?:confused2:

Everybody has fancy names for the cams. Give us some specs. You should still get similar mileage with similar driving.

Sean

Sean.
Honestly, how much more power did You ever seen with modified cams?
I mean modified as much as they can be.
Lets say stock displacment, good carb kit and good full exhaust...or...whatever :biglaugh:

The guy who owned the bike passed away and I was talking to his kid. I am gonna see if I can have any paperwork the kid has, faxed to me, so as of now, this is all I have to go on. BTW, the kid told me it dyno'd 198 to the ground, which is a pipe dream:rofl_200:, but I just wondered about the aftermarket cams, and what if any advantages they have.

Smoke and mirrors...:confused2:

Remember when the kid down the street put a 3/4 race cam in his old mans Bel Air...and there was no change at all...:ummm:

Smoke and mirrors...:confused2:

Remember when the kid down the street put a 3/4 race cam in his old mans Bel Air...and there was no change at all...:ummm:
Yes, I remember that, ran bad and leaked oil. Ha Ha, those were the days:punk:

I'm running cams from Megacycle. they're the second in line, so I guess you can call them stage 2, being they only make the 3 grinds.

I've noticed a sweet midrange pull with everything else seems to be about the same. t

the cam's specs are:
Lift = .354
duration @40 = .254 106deg lobe centers.
Intake open/close = 21btc/53abc Running clearance .006"
exhaust open close = 53bbc/21atc Running clearance .008"

I left a message last night about paperwork, but have not heard back yet. I know the stock cams on my last bike had a noticable lope when cold, but not after warming up, are the stage 2 cams about the same?

It all depends on idle speed setting and how well the carbs are synced. It won't lope like a big cam in a car engine.

Sean

I left a message last night about paperwork, but have not heard back yet. I know the stock cams on my last bike had a noticable lope when cold, but not after warming up, are the stage 2 cams about the same?

I have my bike set at about 1000-1100 rpm, no real lope. but if I drop the idle down is lopes a little but not too far off the way it did new.

Latest posts

Back