Stage 7 bit size question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9.nub

Reaction score
K ... so ... I have ordered a replacement carb slide/diaphram because the diaphram repair on my number 1 carb ain't gonna last.

When the Stage 7 kit was installed, instruction 1 [1. Remove the vacuum slides from the carbs. Remove the stock needles and spacers, noting the order of assembly (Fig. A). With the DD #19 drill bit provided, enlarge the slide lift hole (Fig. A).] references a #19 drill bit.

As I do not have the bit, but do need to drill a replacement slide, I am hoping someone can tell me what size the slide lift hole should be enlarged to. Worst case scenario will be me measuring the existing slides with my vernier calipers, but I'd prefer to know the actual target dimension.

Thanks in advance.

The #19 bit is the size. You will have an easier time finding a #20 bit. We use a double margin .162" bit when we drill the slides.

The #19 bit is the size. You will have an easier time finding a #20 bit. We use a double margin .162" bit when we drill the slides.

Thank you Sean - makes it easier and found the #19 on Amazon.

Rusty ... why not drill the slide? This is a single slide/diaphram replacement rather than a new stage 7 install. I'm figuring to match the replacement slide/diaphram to the three existing drilled slides. But since I'm at the start of this learning curve ... I'm definitely curious.

Rusty ... why not drill the slide? This is a single slide/diaphram replacement rather than a new stage 7 install. I'm figuring to match the replacement slide/diaphram to the three existing drilled slides. But since I'm at the start of this learning curve ... I'm definitely curious.

Sorry I didn't catch that you were trying to catch that you were trying to match one new slide to three other drilled ones that are already installed.
With that in mind then by all means drill it.

If I was doing new stage 7 is when I would not drill them. I've done several Stage 7 installs and never found it a must to drill them, and one drilled there's no going back without epoxy or something.

Before I drilled your new slide I would check to see if your other soldiers really are drilled.

Latest posts

Back