stage 7 carbs, hmf, and clear diaphram covers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odieoh24

Reaction score
here are a few pics of the last of this years mods. hybrid stage 7 carbs with the clear diaphram covers-show polished (from jai at motoboutique, rebuilt by joe at boxenstopp), and the hmf 4-2 exhaust (courtesy of ny1max). this thing flys now. if the weather holds up i'll try to get to the dyno shop and get some new numbers-hoping for close to 140!! too bad its just about the end of the riding season here. its gonna be painful putting the new toy up for the winter. gotta put the bellypan back on tomorrow and go for a nice long ride. enjoy

later odieoh24

Attachments

• 316.jpg
    316.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 317.jpg
    317.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 318.jpg
    318.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 319.jpg
    319.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 65
With stage 7 carbs and exhaust it'll be somewhere between 120-130 rwhp. Bike is looking great!

hey mark, this is not your typical stage 7 kit, this setup is from the owner of motoboutique here is part of the e-mail he sent me before i made the purchase.

Dear kimmysguy,

Hi Jeff, I did not use the breather kit, instead I installed a small K&N crankcase breather (or similar -you can buy in any auto store) attached to the end of the hose that goes to the bottom air box.

This kit is a hybrid stage seven, I used other springs. They gave 139.8RWHP with the Kerker exhaust. You can keep your V-boost with this system.

This Carburator Hybrid kit cost me $700.00+, plus the cost of the carbs itself. In addition the OTec clear carb covers $310.00 new and show polished

i really trust this guys work as he has some of the sweetest max's i've ever seen. these carbs came off one of his personal bikes. he is good friends with joe, the owner of boxenstopp, who rebuilt the carbs about 3 weeks ago. i quess the proof will be the next dyno run. if the weather holds up thru the weekend i'll try to get it down there. i dont do any of the motor work on my bike . about as fancy as i get is fabricating a few brackets for the bellypan and the oil cooler mod i'm getting ready to finish later this week. i got some pretty good ideas but usually need help completing them. if i get the new numbers i may need help with some fine tuning but i know for sure the ride home was way more entertaining than the ride to drop it off yesterday!!! funny how every time i take pics of the bike i see something else i need to get. chrome kickstand, over racing bar risers, solid motor mounts, over racing frame brace kit and frame braces, v-rod headlight mod, and the list goes on and grows at a much faster pace than things get crossed off it lol. take care

later odieoh24

quote=maleko89;54924]With stage 7 carbs and exhaust it'll be somewhere between 120-130 rwhp. Bike is looking great![/quote

Interesting. Keep us informed to your numbers. I'm curious to what springs he used.

So your kit doesn't have a hose going from filler bolt? I would expect better horsepower using dual breather setup. You're running individual filters then?

just what makes the kit a hybrid and what all was done to the carbs. if they put down them kind #'s that would be very impressive. everyone here with the stage 7 or the morley kit plays with different springs and needles and so on to get them just right.
just wondering what they did different.
Chris

IMHO, engine might have been modified. Polish/port. I've never seen that high of horsepower with stock engine and 35 mm Mikuni's. Best I've seen was with Hulign's at 132-133 or so. Different slide springs don't affect top end horsepower IMO.

no hose from the the filler bolt-there is a small crankcase breather filter attached to the pcv hose and tucked up in front of the 2 front filters. there are 4 individual filters-however they measure 5 inches in height as opposed to the 4 inch ones that come with the dynojet kit. i can get away with this mostly because of the fab work that was done on the faux cover. its been widened 2 inches at the top then tapered back to the original width where it meets the seat. there are also the air intakes with the one-off grills and air filters that are cut into the top of the cover.

Interesting. Keep us informed to your numbers. I'm curious to what springs he used.

So your kit doesn't have a hose going from filler bolt? I would expect better horsepower using dual breather setup. You're running individual filters then?

Attachments

• 360.jpg
    360.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 359.jpg
    359.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 358.jpg
    358.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 34
trying to contact either jai or joe via e-mail. havent heard back from either of them as of yet. dont know for sure whats in there till i hear from one of them. even then he may not tell! i'll try to get as much info as i can and if i dont hear from them in a couple of days i'll call of have my sister stop by their shops and see what she can find out.

later odieoh24

just what makes the kit a hybrid and what all was done to the carbs. if they put down them kind #'s that would be very impressive. everyone here with the stage 7 or the morley kit plays with different springs and needles and so on to get them just right.
just wondering what they did different.
Chris

as soon as we get some good weather forcast here i'll try to make it to the local race shop and get it on the dyno. once i do i'll post the numbers and we'll all know what i've actuall got here. i was gonna have the dealership check everything out, but i just had to get them on there and go for a ride.

sorry odieoh24

IMHO, engine might have been modified. Polish/port. I've never seen that high of horsepower with stock engine and 35 mm Mikuni's. Best I've seen was with Hulign's at 132-133 or so. Different slide springs don't affect top end horsepower IMO.

Latest posts

Back