Stage 7 set up

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tugla

Reaction score
Has anyone got a stage 7 set up with the vboost still functional?? are there any issues with doing this?
Bike pulls hard and feels good but wondering if having vboost along with it would be beneficial at all. if nothing at least to feel the pull at 6T.

just gonna go look at it today, cant see it like i do on my old one so thinking removed, will update that in a bit here

with that dam oil vent line off it made a good mess up by the carbs, the line was sitting there un-attached. anyways got a lot of cleaning to do, calling around looking for gaskets and such for the oil leak. once cleaned i'll take a pic for sure

the open one was supposed to be hooked to the original case vent(think its called that) you can see it in between the jugs. was looking at vinnmax's and thats how i figured it out, looked hard and saw the line sitting there, still not on perfectly looks a little short so gonna fix it and put a clamp on it.

On a stage 7 there should be a oil "puke" can running from the oil fill cap. From the puke can there should be 2 breather lines that run to the front 2 K&N filters. You should have 4 individule K&N filters if you have the standard Stage 7 kit.

yea he does, just one of the puke can hoses was wide open and it was drenching the carbs in oil

yea he does, just one of the puke can hoses was wide open and it was drenching the carbs in oil
:thumbs up: thats right, what a mess, well gonna go work on it, got my side gasket, mid cover gasket and slave rebuild kit along with gear segment new version on its way from mondiak, wicked help Gary is. not sure if i need a rebuild on the slave or even chg the shifter segment but might aswell stock it for now.

Ive got the V-BOOST/T-BOOST on my bike T-BOOST on ,SLIDE BABY SLIDE!!! T-BOOST off u-know, 6K ca'nt really feel it but it is there. think I need to lean up the midrange

I got the T-boost on my other bike and for sure still feel it, more at the 6.5grand mark compared to the 6250 it use to kick in at. but when i flip it to 3t i know it works testing it in neutral but dont get that hard pull when its in 3t mode. must be the jetting.

maybe vinn your just use to the power, need more, maybe a small shot of NOS or how about a turbo add on :punk:

naahh just probably need to lean-up the midrange, afterall I am 223 lbs. Remenbering you said I was rich when I opened her up, I do'nt really hit it WOT do,nt know why, just do,nt.

i think it was actually me Vin, i could smell you and danny whenever u opened 'em up when u were in front.

question on carb sync, just put in mt s7 i have v boost funcitional, and i have synced my carbs a couple times before with my non merc carb tune pro... now i am trying to sync and the vaccum is so great i have to keep shutting my bike off because on cyllinder 1 and 2, well all the cyllinders are running the blue juice way too high. i have my idle normal which is wrong i think, as far as i know you want to turn idle up to 1500 while syncing and that will make the blue even higher. any idea what my deal is? -Rob-

question on carb sync, just put in mt s7 i have v boost funcitional, and i have synced my carbs a couple times before with my non merc carb tune pro... now i am trying to sync and the vaccum is so great i have to keep shutting my bike off because on cyllinder 1 and 2, well all the cyllinders are running the blue juice way too high. i have my idle normal which is wrong i think, as far as i know you want to turn idle up to 1500 while syncing and that will make the blue even higher. any idea what my deal is? -Rob-

1500 idle sounds too high for sync....pretty sure the Morgan manual says 1200 or maybe 1100.

Not sure why you're pulling so much vacuum, try 1200 rpm and see how far it pulls the s/s rods up.

yes that is what i read too, i set my idle slight higher than norm for normal idle and i set it at 1500 to tune my carbs, works great for me, however low idle or high idle is too much for that blue juice. had no problems before the s7 kit. i dont know what the crap to do? i work all day mon tues so it will have to wait till wed when i get back just looking for some advise in the mean time.

im just getting my weber tuner for my stage 7. so give me a few days and i'll let ya know but from using the carb tune i found just about at stock idle worked just great for me. how high up are 3 and 4? are they way off 1 and 2?

Back