Stainless brake lines Pics wanted

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrightj1560

Reaction score
Guys,

Anyone have pics of their 2-line galfer front brake lines? Or opinions on 2 vs 3 line upgrade?
Thanks in advance.

I prefer look of 2 lines and got to delete the junction. Less chance of leaks, one less line, less crush washers, and theoretically easier to bleed.

Mark

image3.jpeg

image1.jpegimage2.jpeg

Whilst I have no experience of a two line set-up I would have thought that in operation there would be little or no difference?
Assuming that is correct then it would come down to which look you prefer and/ or cost difference.
IMO the three line with a hydraulic brake switch on the splitter gives the handlebars a slightly tidier look.

Whilst I have no experience of a two line set-up I would have thought that in operation there would be little or no difference?
Assuming that is correct then it would come down to which look you prefer and/ or cost difference.
IMO the three line with a hydraulic brake switch on the splitter gives the handlebars a slightly tidier look.
I agree that it does look tidier. Maybe the black fittings would help blend with my master cylinder and black bars.

what they say ^^^^ there may be a difference in weight - quite possibly 2 line is lighter than 3 line due to not having the splitter and its associated hardware, and should be cheaper .... which makes you wonder why manufacturers fit 2 lines?

I felt no difference between 2 and 3 lines. The original stock lines were in great shape so the squeeze and feel really didn't change in my case.

what they say ^^^^ there may be a difference in weight - quite possibly 2 line is lighter than 3 line due to not having the splitter and its associated hardware, and should be cheaper .... which makes you wonder why manufacturers fit 2 lines?
That would sound correct to me.

Every industry I've worked in tries to avoid more hydraulics to keep weight, maintenance and end cost down. But hydraulics are more reliable over say electrics, hence why the aircraft industry are very cautiously stripping out more and more hydraulics and replacing with electrics.

2 lines are cheaper but I always find it difficult to get them to sit correctly on either side of the wheel without hitting the mudguard/fender,
I use a 3 line for its ease of neatness, you should be able to make out my black braided lines in this picture, I have a matching black clutch line too

DSC03424.JPG

2 lines are cheaper but I always find it difficult to get them to sit correctly on either side of the wheel without hitting the mudguard/fender,
I use a 3 line for its ease of neatness, you should be able to make out my black braided lines in this picture, I have a matching black clutch line too

View attachment 78187
I'll say it again Julian. That is an amazingly clean machine. Nicely detailed, tasteful modifications.

Yes, I have no-issues with three lines and the splitter, it seems to make for easier routing.

I used the bolt holes in the lower fork slider and clamped the lines there. Then I used the bolt holes, for the now discarded line adapter on the lower triple clamp, and put two more clamps on the line. Nice and neat, and not rubbing anywhere.

Attachments

• LINES.jpg
    LINES.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 26
  • LINES2.jpg
    LINES2.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 21
Back