Stainless polish for exhaust.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some barkeepers friend under the sink, its a stainless polish as well. I wonder if it will work.

It does look impressive. Can't say that I have used it though. I'm a Mothers and Flitz fan.

Does Mother's work similar this product? It's looks pretty quick and easy in the video. I tried some other stuff today and it worked like crap. Which mothers product?

I have some mothers and IMO it sucks to polish stainless with. Its ok for aluminum if its already in pretty good shape but just doesn't seem to really cut. I found this stuff called purple metal polish and its a night and day difference over mothers on stainless. That being said, the stuff in the video looks to work better than anything I have.

To get nasty stainless clean I found that a fine scotchbrite pad with purple metal polish does great. Then, i mount a cotton buffing wheel on my bench grinder or drill and lightly coat my part with the polish and buff till shiny again.

Does Mother's work similar this product? It's looks pretty quick and easy in the video. I tried some other stuff today and it worked like crap. Which mothers product?

I start with the flitz cleaner and some 00 or 000 steel wool to get the crud off.
http://www.flitz.com/p-20-stainless-steel-cleaner.aspx

Then finish up with the mother's
https://store.mothers.com/product_info.php?products_id=85

or with the flitz polish
http://www.flitz.com/p-21-stainless-steel-polish.aspx

You can get the puff ball in a small size thats perfect for waxing and detailing your bike from both mother's and flitz.

Well looks like a lot of us use Mother's I use it also...Has anyone used Knob Polish look it up on Youtube it's some crazy stuff got the 2oz container of it the other day it's cost is $ 9.95 plus $ 7.00 bucks to ship it...But "WOW" it work great. It's like paste you can wet a rag and use it to make polish last longer...But it really makes old metals look new again. "Knob Polish"...Check it out. But also whatever that stuff is from Polish that can't be found in the US looks like some pretty crazy shit.....wearing gloves must be some strong stuff...ha!!:biglaugh::damn angry:

.....wearing gloves must be some strong stuff...ha!!:biglaugh::damn angry:
Ingredients:
AQUA, ALUMINA, HYDROCHLORIC ACID, Fatty alcohol ethoxylates, OLEIC ACID, Ethinylcarbinolalkoxylate, XANTHAN GUM, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE

yep "strong stuff" to say the least.

Well looks like a lot of us use Mother's I use it also...Has anyone used Knob Polish look it up on Youtube it's some crazy stuff got the 2oz container of it the other day it's cost is $ 9.95 plus $ 7.00 bucks to ship it...But "WOW" it work great. It's like paste you can wet a rag and use it to make polish last longer...But it really makes old metals look new again. "Knob Polish"...Check it out. But also whatever that stuff is from Polish that can't be found in the US looks like some pretty crazy shit.....wearing gloves must be some strong stuff...ha!!:biglaugh::damn angry:

I have had my knob polished from time to time but can't remember the product used!! :rofl_200:

Sorry man, I couldn't resist that one!! :biglaugh:

Back