Stainless Steel Brake Lines

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should be able to buy a set of Russell lines for the front for about $80. I had my friend make me a custom set for my bike, but he does these for high-pressure washers all-day long.

Good, not-warped discs, and HH-rated pads will make the best of your stock calipers. Yes they did make a difference when I changed to SS lines. You don't need to spend $400 for new rotors, unless yours are worn excessively or warped, and then you can get the Chinese ebay ones for much-less.

I am using Sumitomo FZR1000 two-pair-opposed pistons calipers in-place of the stock VMax late-model pieces, mostly because I like them in gold, I don't think there is a lot of difference between them and the stock ones you have. But, by going to the HH pads, making sure I have good, true rotors, and SS lines, my bike stops just fine, and I have a set of three-pair-opposed piston calipers sitting on the shelf because I don't believe I need them.

SS braided brake lines were the first upgrade that I did to the brakes. I found out that it was EASIER to lock up the brakes in a panic stop.

They worked great with the FZR 1000 calipers that I switched to, but locking up your brakes is NOT something that you want to do in a panic stop.

I think if your hoses are old and flexible you'll notice a difference. The stainless are a replace and forget part. Plus they way better than the black rubber.
Steve-o

Agreed with the above. Squeeze the brakes and the lines will flex and move. That is lost braking and goes away with as. I bought mine from Morley.

I have SS lines/ HH pads (front and rear) and R1 caliper on a stock sized rotor in the rear and yet to do a hard lockup. I do have radial (200) and 3" extended swingarm but I use the rear brake pretty hard when pushing in the twisty's.

We've got a variety of colors and lengths in stock and the cost can be as cheap as $190 for a complete front/clutch/rear set and up to another $100 depending on color, line qty for the front (2vs3), and length.

I stock:
2 Line and 3 Line Front - Standard Length, -1" and -2" lines
Clutch Lines - Standard Length
Rear Lines - Standard Length and +3" Length

Colors stocked are:
Clear over Braided Lines w/ Silver Fittings
Black Lines w/Silver Fittings
Black Lines w/Black Fittings

I believe I have a set of Red Lines with Black Fittings on hand too. Maybe even a set of Black lines with Red Fittings.

I got the galfers from Sean and they work and look great! Plus buying from him, you don't have to wonder if they will fit or not.

I run the galfers SS lines front/rear/clutch. Its like night and day with that upgrade alone. I also run the front R1 calipers with aftermarket wavy rotors front with stock aftermarket rear. Galfer green pads all round.

here is my setup:

Attachments

• 1997 Vmax blurry of front wheel with wave rotors and R1 calipers.jpg
    1997 Vmax blurry of front wheel with wave rotors and R1 calipers.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 1997 Vmax blurry of rear R1 caliper and chrome bracket and front wave rotor on rear.jpg
    1997 Vmax blurry of rear R1 caliper and chrome bracket and front wave rotor on rear.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 58
Back