Stalling at Operating Temp.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's good that you have solved the problem but 3 items were replaced so I guess you don't know which one of them was faulty.?

It's good that you have solved the problem but 3 items were replaced so I guess you don't know which one of them was faulty.?
I replaced the caps and leads together first, and it did not solve the issue. It would still sputter and shut off when hot. The only difference was that the bike would get a little hotter before shutting off. I haven't had any issues after replacing the sparkplugs so I'd say they were the culprit.

Ouch - I'm guessing that the cost of the plugs was the cheapest of the three parts.
How old/miles had the plugs done and how did they look?

Plugs are cheap. I've had a bad brand-new spark plug, out of the box, on a bike. My more-experienced friend, a professional mechanic and a machinist, asked me, "what was the last-thing you did before the misfire?"

I said, "Plugs replacement."

"You have a bad plug on that cylinder, replace it!"

That was it. I used the water on the header pipe trick do diagnose the poorly-firing cyl. Now I have a 'high-zoot' temperature infrared gun.
Kenmore refrigerator Miami freezer.jpg

My rental freezer is workin'-fine.

Back