Star eluder/venture

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebeltaz83

Reaction score
Might bite the bullet on an eluder, just wanted some feedback if anyone on here owns an eluder, or venture. The new ones, not the venture from the 80s/90s. They are sharp looking, I tend to like the bagger look more, in black to match my Vmax lol. Any info is welcome, just want an owners perspective, the good, the bad.

A friend bought the eluder ......sloooow and he says his ass hurt specially tailbone and his feet get super hot .. on board communication not compatible with other bikes . Looks nice too bad they didn't use the gen 2 vmax motor or I'd have one also .. I got nothing on the venture

A friend bought the eluder ......sloooow and he says his ass hurt specially tailbone and his feet get super hot .. on board communication not compatible with other bikes . Looks nice too bad they didn't use the gen 2 vmax motor or I'd have one also .. I got nothing on the venture

The 1700 V4 would have been awesome lol. They do look nice, not sure I want a slow bike, just something a little more comfy than the Vmax for the misses and I to cruise around on, quieter as well lol. The voodoos kinda kill the fun of just cruising around the mountains enjoying the sights lol. I doubt they make any power adders for that V twin.

maybe the ecu can be tweaked ? If I could be comfortable on a big cruiser I might have picked the goldwing but arthritis says not in my future maybe next lifetime

I'll have to do more research on them, I don't see why it can't be. Maybe a power commander or something like that. I don't want something super fast either lol. Something that has more range than the Vmax per tank of gas, more comfy at longer rides, quieter lol leisure riding in the mountains.

The 1700 V4 would have been awesome lol. They do look nice, not sure I want a slow bike, just something a little more comfy than the Vmax for the misses and I to cruise around on, quieter as well lol. The voodoos kinda kill the fun of just cruising around the mountains enjoying the sights lol. I doubt they make any power adders for that V twin.
How about this Yamaha V-twin cruiser? I spoke with this guy at Daytona Bike Week several years ago. He built it, he said, "to piss-off all my Harley-Davidson riding friends." It was quiet and idled perfectly, no issues in the stop & go traffic. He said, "none of my friends can keep-up with me, and none of them have ever-beaten me." It was nicely-done, it didn't have a cobbled-together look at-all.

Yanaha Warrior twin-turbo.02.jpgYamaha V-twin twin-turbo.01.jpg

A Venture would make me popular at home. The driver for the VMax was not part of the design criteria. The passenger is a complete after thought.

I have a first gen max with voodoos as well but my secondary is the Yamaha Roadliner/Stratoliner which has the same motor as an Eluder.

A few years ago, at a small back woods rally I raced a Harley that was bored and built for street racing and he only got me by 3/4 of a bike in the quarter. Not totally sure if the motor has been de-tuned for the Eluder but the Strat will move when called upon for a heavy bike. I am currently converting mine to a bagger, getting my hard bags stretched as we speak. I am a big fan of the looks of the Eluder but I picked up the strat at a great deal and will pour the money I would spend on an Eluder into customizing the bike I already have. I am sure the Eluder is heavier but nothing a power commander and aftermarket exhaust can’t negate. Btw, my strat has the aforementioned mods.

As a side story, after racing that Harley I decided my Strat was too nice to be banging on it like that and I bought my Max for the sole purpose of going back to that rally the next year and mopping the floor with some Harley’s. With nothing but the voodoo exhaust and some carb jetting I went back and ran through the stock class and was egged on to race with the modded Harley’s. I entered my Max into the Mod class and mopped the floor with them too.

Anyways, good luck with whatever direction you traverse. Personally, I enjoy cruising at times and the Strat serves its purpose in that aspect, as would an Eluder. Leave the speed to the bike that’s built for it. 44F7EA67-3997-4D9F-BCC2-F8A53E4BF6F9.jpegCB259F21-5F73-4C69-965E-129A51DE9F3C.jpeg44F7EA67-3997-4D9F-BCC2-F8A53E4BF6F9.jpegCB259F21-5F73-4C69-965E-129A51DE9F3C.jpeg

I have a first gen max with voodoos as well but my secondary is the Yamaha Roadliner/Stratoliner which has the same motor as an Eluder.

A few years ago, at a small back woods rally I raced a Harley that was bored and built for street racing and he only got me by 3/4 of a bike in the quarter. Not totally sure if the motor has been de-tuned for the Eluder but the Strat will move when called upon for a heavy bike. I am currently converting mine to a bagger, getting my hard bags stretched as we speak. I am a big fan of the looks of the Eluder but I picked up the strat at a great deal and will pour the money I would spend on an Eluder into customizing the bike I already have. I am sure the Eluder is heavier but nothing a power commander and aftermarket exhaust can’t negate. Btw, my strat has the aforementioned mods.

As a side story, after racing that Harley I decided my Strat was too nice to be banging on it like that and I bought my Max for the sole purpose of going back to that rally the next year and mopping the floor with some Harley’s. With nothing but the voodoo exhaust and some carb jetting I went back and ran through the stock class and was egged on to race with the modded Harley’s. I entered my Max into the Mod class and mopped the floor with them too.

Anyways, good luck with whatever direction you traverse. Personally, I enjoy cruising at times and the Strat serves its purpose in that aspect, as would an Eluder. Leave the speed to the bike that’s built for it. View attachment 78185View attachment 78186View attachment 78185View attachment 78186

I'm not turned off the eluder by any means. It's that or an F6B. Both are on the pricey side of the spectrum. I've only seen an F6B on the road, actually got caught up in a group ride and just jumped on the back and was riding behind a bagged wing. Matte Black, nice looking. I know more power with 6 than the V twin of the eluder. I am drawn to the rarity of the eluder though, just like the Vmax. I've seen more V maxes in the wild than I have an eluder, or venture. As always price plays a role lol.

Back