Star Vmax forum

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShawnD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone currently using www.starvmax.com get a hold of one of their moderators & tell them to get the second version of captcha or ditch it altogether? Can't post anything & I don't know why someone hasn't figured this out yet.

I had same problem and gave up on them.

Last edited:
I got banned there a few years ago, and never went back, or asked for an explanation.

Well that sucks. I can search & read posts but you can only do so much of that when trying to get info or answers & they have so much more traffic than this place concerning the gen 2.

I'm in the same boat, can't post anything. That site is much better for Gen II. I'd love to know what the fix is too.

I sent one of their members a PM and this is his response...

Hi John,

Yes there is still a problem apparently, and it does suck as I'm always excited to see new members.

Unfortunately this forum has kinda been on autopilot for quite a while with no one at the wheel. The forum founder, owner and administrator has gone on to be a very successful executive and does not have the time to run the forum anymore. Another member here has an agreement to take ownership of the forum, but the last time I checked that had not happened yet.

I'll bump my post and add your message to me so that maybe it will spur some action. That's the best I can do.

Last edited:
Great it would be nice if the new guy could fix it.
I'll be watching thanks.

My computer went down and I forgot the password. I couldn't reset it, so I created a new user. I can log into the site with the new user, but I cannot post anything. It truly sucks.

I tried 3 different email addresses with no luck. First email address used would never get the confirmation email sent to it...that was a hotmail account. Used a gmail, got the confirmation so I do have a username but still couldn't post anything but could read messages & send private messages to anybody. Made a new gmail account figuring third time would be the charm. Makes no sense. Tried it on multiple different computers, tablets, laptops. No dice. They need to ditch the whole captcha nonsense.

Is starvmax officially dead altogether? Can't even get on there anymore for about the last week or so.

If TIM took it over, it will likely stay dead :( Bummer too, because there's a lot of good peeps and info over there.
I had not been able to open it with any browsers for about a week now.

How's this though...… the emails I usually get regarding any post on Star V-Max are still coming to my email, but when I open the email and click on the links - they take me here!! Has someone already gotten wise and done a re-direct to capture the audience??

Cheers

If TIM took it over, it will likely stay dead :( Bummer too, because there's a lot of good peeps and info over there.
I had not been able to open it with any browsers for about a week now.

How's this though...… the emails I usually get regarding any post on Star V-Max are still coming to my email, but when I open the email and click on the links - they take me here!! Has someone already gotten wise and done a re-direct to capture the audience??

Cheers

Let's hope so.
A few more over here would be nice.

There was a ton of great info over there, even though alot of it was old it still applied since the bike hasn't changed in 10 years. That would be great if all that info got absorbed here.

That's a shame, because I remember when they asked if "somebody" would take it over, I volunteered but it went to Tim instead. If he didn't intend to keep the lights on, he should have turned it over to somebody like myself, that gladly would have, and have the I/T experience to moderate and run a website. Too bad. Maybe Tim will jump in over here and explain what happened?

I think he's caught up currently with an overload of work in his day job. I think once he catches back up with that he'll be back at it again.

I miss it already. It's nice to have this site, but it's harder to navigate for me. This is what I get.error522.png error522.png

I really hope all that info doesn't go away, it really has a ton of great stuff for the Gen II's. I get the same screen.

Latest posts

Back