Star Vmax forum

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was talking to Tim Nash this evening in regards to the forum, it doesn't look good, the owner was going to pass the forum to Tim and he has not done so, what can I say, we have spent years building that forum with pictures and info and it is all gone.

Who owns it and what does he want to turn it back on? Like I said before, I have the IT experience to run a website, have done it before. If it's $$$$ he needs to get it back up and running, can help there too. What a SHAME it would be to lose all the information on that forum. Collectively, all of us VMAX guys need to figure out a way to avoid that happening, whatever the cost.

I would be willing to chip in some money to get the site back up and running as well. There was lots of great information over there.

Well On FB the rumour was, that the StarVmax site was supposed to be back up and running this week. Still no go.

Maybe we could ask Nash to help us find out what we need to do to get it going again. TT can help with the IT stuff and I'm sure Traumahawk and I can get a thread together for donations if its a money deal. Lets not forget mark He always has good idea's and lots of good gen 2 knowledge. vmaxzen do you know Tim well enough to ask him to help us? If its over $500 to get it up and going maybe we can get some vendors to help. I'm sure i can get Sean to do a shirt order and make some money that way. Thunder is coming up maybe we can do some cool thunder shirts and charge extra $10 each to go our task. Hell maybe we can at least get the info transferred to the vmaxfoum.net Well i got the ball rolling who's in.

I'm kind of a fan to get that information posted over here and just have this as 1 stop shopping. Either gen 1 or gen 2... I would like this to be the place to be.

THIS..... That site, with all it's wealth of info was riddled with problems. If the transfer of info is possible, I think there is greater chance of growth and stability here.

THIS..... That site, with all it's wealth of info was riddled with problems. If the transfer of info is possible, I think there is greater chance of growth and stability here.

I agree. I never could post on that site even though I was a member. Just move it all here and we'd have a huge Gen 2 section to enjoy.

I was talking to Tim Nash this evening in regards to the forum, it doesn't look good, the owner was going to pass the forum to Tim and he has not done so, what can I say, we have spent years building that forum with pictures and info and it is all gone.

Yes if it cannot be recovered it will be very sad indeed. A decade of knowledge and some great people.

I myself would prefer the old site be back up and running with it issues resolved. The owner/administrator was absent for the past several years which led to several bugs that were never addressed. Prior to that the site was amazing and really a joy to participate on. I was on there every day, posted thousands of times, and made a lot of friends.

However it can be done, preserving what is there is very important to anyone that owns a Gen 2 IMO.

I joined that site long before owning a gen 2, just to see what mods were the most popular, and to see what was out there for aftermarket parts and what not. Sure would be nice to have it back. Only place besides eBay where you could find parts for sale, besides here of course.

that would be great if it's possible to move it all to here?
Unfortunately....I dont think there is a way. It would take both owners cooperating....both forums being identical....etc. And those are the problems that I can think of right now. I think the best solution with be the most pain in the ass one. Most of the people that posted there... are also here....and if they could just repost their technical posts here....I think that is the only way that info will show up here.

I will reach out to some people that aren't on this forum....due to various reasons....and see if they will come back and repost that information.

Yes if it cannot be recovered it will be very sad indeed. A decade of knowledge and some great people.

I myself would prefer the old site be back up and running with it issues resolved. The owner/administrator was absent for the past several years which led to several bugs that were never addressed. Prior to that the site was amazing and really a joy to participate on. I was on there every day, posted thousands of times, and made a lot of friends.

However it can be done, preserving what is there is very important to anyone that owns a Gen 2 IMO.
I would too. I had fun there.....and it was a huge resource now that I have the 2011.

Who owns it and what does he want to turn it back on? Like I said before, I have the IT experience to run a website, have done it before. If it's $$$$ he needs to get it back up and running, can help there too. What a SHAME it would be to lose all the information on that forum. Collectively, all of us VMAX guys need to figure out a way to avoid that happening, whatever the cost.

So is money the issue here or not? Is the person responsible for the site dragging there feet for some obscure reason or what? Do we even know who is responsible for it? Too many questions with no answers & it shouldn't be this difficult to find out what the deal is.

So is money the issue here or not? Is the person responsible for the site dragging there feet for some obscure reason or what? Do we even know who is responsible for it? Too many questions with no answers & it shouldn't be this difficult to find out what the deal is.

The site has been abandoned by the founder/owner. He gave ample warning, but no one stepped forward at the time. He has no interest in maintaining it, he doesn't have the time.....not a money issue for him.

Tim Nash at a late date did volunteer to take over and preserve it but that did not happen before the site was taken down. Most likely because he has a lot on his plate and wasn't able to make the time for the transition.....but that's just a guess on my part. He did reach out to the original owner after the site came down but last I heard did not get a response.

That shit has got to be somewhere archived. The server itself would have it somewhere no ?

Maybe we could ask Nash to help us find out what we need to do to get it going again. TT can help with the IT stuff and I'm sure Traumahawk and I can get a thread together for donations if its a money deal. Lets not forget mark He always has good idea's and lots of good gen 2 knowledge. vmaxzen do you know Tim well enough to ask him to help us? If its over $500 to get it up and going maybe we can get some vendors to help. I'm sure i can get Sean to do a shirt order and make some money that way. Thunder is coming up maybe we can do some cool thunder shirts and charge extra $10 each to go our task. Hell maybe we can at least get the info transferred to the vmaxfoum.net Well i got the ball rolling who's in.
Hi Mike, I know Tim, I have spoken to him several times, he did my re-flash for me.
When I spoke to him he mentioned that 'Oliver' owner, is not returning his emails at all, he was going to pass the forum to Tim long ago, what can I say. I think he is in California.

Latest posts

Back