Starter clutch difficulty overblown

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scalded Ape @ 04

Reaction score
After reading some of the starter clutch replacement horror stories I was nervous about it being VERY difficult.

I got all of my parts in and cracked Into it fullforce while being very clean and organized bagged & tagged (drained oil, pulled off peg, shifter, side covers & hooked up harmonic balance puller to flywheel W upgraded 10.9 5in bolts)

My wife wasn't home to hold the rear brake down so I put a small Jack handle between the flywheel and the harmonic balancer puller & between bolts & rested against the crash bars.

No impact, just a 4ft breaker bar over ratchet handle a hammer and about 45 seconds of time, thread lock & weld. The hardest part of the whole job was of course prepping The Mating surfaces for new gaskets.

Not trying to talk bad about anybody else that struggled with this job but I feel like the difficulty was pretty overblown. 45 min job20210224_210258.jpgSnapchat-961860852.jpg

Latest posts

Back