Starter clutch install, help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chillcool68

Reaction score
Hello all, I am actually pretty mechanically inclined, but not sure where I went wrong on this starter clutch replacement, I followed the guide on here everything went smooth, New bolts, new starter clutch, loctite and penned bolts, all gears are in correctly, went to start her up and just spins no engine engagement, I took cover back off and even bumped it over and see all gears spinning my guess is maybe the large gear in the back of the flywheel is spinning in the wrong direction, I bench tested before I reinstalled a d it would spin one way and not the other, I don't get it, any help will be appreciated

Did you get the gear stack correct? Did you knock out the moon key by accident when you put the flywheel back on? Did you use new OEM parts or the cheaper china junk?

Yes I believe I did get the gear stack right, I went with several pictures on this forum, I did get one from ebay that had good reviews and it looked pretty sound

Ifyou have done everything as described in the attachment then my best guess is either you have the wrong clutch, it is out of spec. or donald ducked.

Attachments

• Starter clutch replacement.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
Back