Starter Clutch Needs Springs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maximizer

Reaction score
ok, i got my starter clutch out and apart. the only thing that i can see wrong was one loose bolt and a broken spring.

what are the specs for those rollers? i don't want to buy an expensive "kit" when all i need are the cheap-azz springs.

also can one loose bolt cause the dreaded marble sound?

thanks!

Attachments

• starter clutch.jpg
    starter clutch.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 44
if that is your actual starter clutch it looks like it is cracked 🤔

The spring (90501-04623) and roller (93615-12088) are available as separate items. Given how little they cost (£6.84) it might be worth a punt to see if that sorts the issue.
If not then you should replace the assembly.

And yes, you have demonstrated that one loose bolt can cause the dreaded marble sound.

The spring (90501-04623) and roller (93615-12088) are available as separate items. Given how little they cost (£6.84) it might be worth a punt to see if that sorts the issue.
If not then you should replace the assembly.

And yes, you have demonstrated that one loose bolt can cause the dreaded marble sound.
i found a complete starter clutch for $30.60 shipped so i bought that. i'm going to consider using JB Weld when i put those bolts back in. clearly peening them isn't enough to keep them from backing out. but i learned something .

Latest posts

Back