Starter kicking out

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peterdm22

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Vmax with 11k mi, changed the starter clutch last summer. Been starting great until a week ago, I hit the starter it will crank 1-3 revolutions and then “kick-out” like it was running but not running. Any suggestions? PS I tack welded the bolts on the new starter clutch Btw.

We have a custom conversion that is pretty well indestructible using a Royal Star multi sprag unit. We've not used the cheaper ebay stuff (including the 6 roller) since it's hit and miss on if they hold up (customers claiming early failures and some saying they last well).

We have a custom conversion that is pretty well indestructible using a Royal Star multi sprag unit. We've not used the cheaper ebay stuff (including the 6 roller) since it's hit and miss on if they hold up (customers claiming early failures and some saying they last well).
Sounds good what’s the cost and how can I order? Thank you in advance 🙏🙌🏼

Can I order this from you ? Please give specifics. Thank you

Sorry for the delay. Best contact method is emailing me at [email protected]
Cost is $450 plus shipping and can either be done on an exchange or on your part.
Our heavy duty multiple roller vs the stock 3 roller.

Attachments

• HD Starter Clutch Flywheel.jpg
    HD Starter Clutch Flywheel.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20150120_140229_111.jpg
    IMG_20150120_140229_111.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 9
Back