Starting issue 2019 vmax HELP!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcwolfie

Reaction score
Hello all. 2019 vmax here. See attached video please but the bike suddenely failed to start. The battery is fine (i even bought a brand new one).

Attachments

• IMG_0476.MOV
    35.1 MB
Sounds like a low current issue. Put in the old battery and connect an external charger. If you have a charger with high amp starting feature, use that. Verify your battery connections are correct. Make sure your ground and positive battery hardware is snug. Did you buy a new battery due to this starting problem? Did you loosen any of the handlebar control pods? Was the bike just parked in the garage and would not start? Were you on the road and left stranded? Have you cycled the ignition switch fully off then fully on? Are there any error codes in the display (that is out of frame in the video). I don't see you rotate the key switch, are you using the kill switch to cycle this? Do you have the second smaller ignition key? Where are you located? Does the bike have the ignition immobilizer feature?

Holy Response. Thank You there are no errors. It was running perfect then all of a sudden this started happening. I didnt mess with anything on the halebars. I used the kill switch and the key to off. I have no idea about the immobizer. Im in westlake ohio. The bike only has 1800 miles on it. I did buy a new battery and it still did the same thing. All connections are tight. Please help

It was the starter....how the hell does a 2019 with 1800 miles blow a starter???

Hello all. 2019 vmax here. See attached video please but the bike suddenely failed to start. The battery is fine (i even bought a brand new one).
Hi I have 2019 max with 8400 miles back in April the engine start to stall and won’t start and show code 12 on oled display so put new battery but same problem finally change the pick up coil and stator coil and have no issue so something is going on with 2019 model but all was covers by Yamaha let us watch and see how it go in future thanks

Hi I have 2019 max with 8400 miles back in April the engine start to stall and won’t start and show code 12 on oled display so put new battery but same problem finally change the pick up coil and stator coil and have no issue so something is going on with 2019 model but all was covers by Yamaha let us watch and see how it go in future thanks
I am in Sacramento California and still looking someone who own max but no luck yet

It was the starter....how the hell does a 2019 with 1800 miles blow a starter???
The list from @Zeus36 is pretty thorough.

I have heard that sound before on both cars and my Gen1. It was not enough CCA. A long charge or a new battery was the solution. I have the 2019 as well and am 15 miles from you.

Have you put the new starter in the bike? Happy to be the second set of eyes on site if you need it.

How did you determine it was the starter? Did you take it to a shop? It would help others on the forum or future members to know how this was diagnosed.

I grew up in Northeast Ohio as well. Canton/Akron area until I joined the military.

Latest posts

Back