Stater motor

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not too tough but you'll have to get new as used are few and far between. I THINK I have seen some people have success in rebuilding theirs though?

How did you determine your starter is bad?? I almost got stuck 2x. Thought the same thing. Talked to Tim Nash and he suggested 2 things.

1. Starter button.
2. Kick stand switch.

Mine was the starter button. Disassembled it at the handlebar. Used an old style Points File to clean the contacts.. Good to go ever since.. Now every year +/- I do this as PM.

I used to ride in some pretty bad weather conditions, including salt spray in the winter wet roads. The switch which is a piece of junk, is open to the weather.

We tried bump starting with no luck. Tim told me the ECU will not release ignition until the engine is at some RPM. We had no luck with the push start.

Anyone ever have any success bump starting their Gen2?

Just a suggestion..

The coil is clicking when I engage the starter button, coil is fine when tested as is the battery. I’m assuming that if the button was faulty it would not send a signal to the coil/selonoid so I’m assuming the starter is not engaging

The coil is clicking when I engage the starter button, coil is fine when tested as is the battery. I’m assuming that if the button was faulty it would not send a signal to the coil/selonoid so I’m assuming the starter is not engaging

Have you tried putting a +12v feed to the starter?

Latest posts

Back