Stator and flywheel ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jagco1

Reaction score
I had intermittent problem with charge at idle man. I just found the problem my stator wiring at the rubber boot that fits in the motor cover wiring was expose.
I had this problem for over a year. Man I went through 4 r/r 3 battery's man changing wiring out to pulling the wiring harness on the bike. freaken stator :bang head: but happy now :clapping:

Now flywheel question.

The flywheel inside is not smooth around. And there was brown/orange like peace hanging out here - where the paper clip is sticking out. I open it up just a little and can see behind the cup thing there's some brown/orange like stuff between the flywheel and the cup thing. Is this ok like this or should it be replace the flywheel.

Attachments

• P1050098.jpg
    P1050098.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 43
  • P1050087.jpg
    P1050087.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 46
  • P1050094.jpg
    P1050094.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 53
  • P1050067.jpg
    P1050067.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 55
The flywheel shield/cup looks to have some slight damage along the edges maybe due to someone using the wrong type of flywheel puller? As to the brown/orange stuff that is the adhesive that is used to hold the shield/cup in-place. I've heard of others running with the shield/cup removed. My recommendation would be if the shield/cup is well secured & no evidence or signs of it making contact with the stator coil, you shouldn't have any issues with it.

The flywheel shield/cup looks to have some slight damage along the edges maybe due to someone using the wrong type of flywheel puller? As to the brown/orange stuff that is the adhesive that is used to hold the shield/cup in-place. I've heard of others running with the shield/cup removed. My recommendation would be if the shield/cup is well secured & no evidence or signs of it making contact with the stator coil, you shouldn't have any issues with it.

Thanks for the reply. So ok to used the way it is...
It's stick on can't pull the cup off the flywheel.

Back